INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What TV card do you use?  (Read 1122 times)

elgibby

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Go Red Sox
What TV card do you use?
« on: September 29, 2002, 05:36:55 am »

Hey all

Just bought the ATI TV Wonder PC card, and was  immediately confused by contradictory info on the web site/in the box. Then I started reading newsgroups and discovered nearly everyone has problems with this thing hanging and crashing their systems, espeically with XP and SP1. (I haven't installed SP1 yet)

What's your experience? Anyone recommend WinTV products instead?

Thx

Dell Dimension 8100 running XP
DSL

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.379
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1494 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 73 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Listening to: 'Walking On A Rainbow' from 'Reggae Dancer' by 'Inner Circle' on Media Jukebox

DocLotus

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Retired and; Loving It!!!
Re: What TV card do you use?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2002, 06:31:20 am »

Have used eight different TV tuners over the years on Win 3.1, 3.11, 3.11 for workgroups, 95, 98, XP Home, XP Professional (with & without SP1).

My last two were both ATI All-In-Wonder cards (video card with TV tuner).  My current one is an ATI A-I-W 7500.  It is by far the best of the bunch (that I have tried).  It does it all. Ran flawlesly right out of the box & they have an extensive feature set including a remote control that also works on Media Jukebox.

The only problems I have encountered is with updating drivers... there are a lot of them & the driver updates don't always install too smoothly but I always seems to figure it out.

Other than that, I will buy only ATI in the future due to the positive experience with the last two cards.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Mr.X

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2002, 07:19:18 am »

I use an ATI-TV Wonder, and other than a little IRQ sharing issue (had to find the right PCI slot) it's been working fine.

The funny thing is, the ATI TV software will tune all channels correctly, but all other software (MJ included) will not tune in a couple of channels properly. Probably ATI doesn't use WDM drivers or whatever the other software is using and can fine-tune channels better.

-Mr.X

tullio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2002, 01:41:36 pm »

AIW 7500.  No problems.  Works fine, including video capture.
Pages: [1]   Go Up