INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: COM Object wishlist!!  (Read 1528 times)

esajesa

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
COM Object wishlist!!
« on: December 09, 2005, 07:49:54 am »

Hey guys,

I've just finished making a plugin for Media Portal that uses the MediaJukebox COM Object and it works very well!! I'll post a link once I'm finished cleaning up a bit and added a couple more functions for anyone who might be interested.

But one thing I'd love to get into the MP COM object is functions to control CD ripping, as well as transfering files to portable drives such as an MP3 player.

Any chance to get these functions implemented? That's all I need for a perfect setup!!  ;D

Cheers,
Jens

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: COM Object wishlist!!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 12:13:59 am »

Hey guys,

I've just finished making a plugin for Media Portal that uses the MediaJukebox COM Object and it works very well!! I'll post a link once I'm finished cleaning up a bit and added a couple more functions for anyone who might be interested.

But one thing I'd love to get into the MP COM object is functions to control CD ripping, as well as transfering files to portable drives such as an MP3 player.

Any chance to get these functions implemented? That's all I need for a perfect setup!!  ;D

Cheers,
Jens
Hi Jens,
Any luck with that plugin?
I would love to try it..
Thanks!

max

Mr ChriZ

• Citizen of the Universe
  • :-D

Hey guys,

Cheers,
Jens

These would be nice, and also File Conversion.
Potentially if file conversion was in there, there could be scope for
a networked plugin which used the processors from different Media Center computers
to do file conversion.  APE-> MP3 times could be slashed!

Each computer could be assigned a set of tracks from say a playlist.
The APE files would be sent out, and then sent back as they're finished.
Ideally file Conversion would also have a new function of CPU Load Adjustment.
Since if George downstairs started converting, Martha upstairs might not want her computer
to grind to a halt.

I think i'd go as far as installing Gigabit Ethernet for this!  ;D ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up