INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 11 and Handheld  (Read 2095 times)

bopz

• Recent member
MC 11 and Handheld
« on: December 10, 2005, 05:39:27 am »

Flummoxed here.

I have a Creative Muvo2FM hooked up and recognized OK, but a couple of problems.

1) The Muvo only recognizes playlists stored inside a subfolder called PLAYLIST. Trouble is, MC only synchronizes them to the root folder of the player,  so all the file pathnames start with ./     
This freezes the player.

2) In "Rearrange Upload Folders" I can't use decent fields like "Album Artist (auto)" and I can't use an advanced expression.

How about if the synch settings allowed a destination for playlists?
How about adding "Album Artist (auto)" to the fields available for "Rearrange Upload Folders"?
How about allowing an expression-built folder structure on the handheld?

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC 11 and Handheld
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 05:54:50 am »

Presumably you're using MC11.0?

Both the first things are already in MC11.1.

I'm not sure about the third one. I don't entirely understand what you mean.

bopz

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 07:41:16 am »

1) The Muvo only recognizes playlists stored inside a subfolder called PLAYLIST. Trouble is, MC only synchronizes them to the root folder of the player,  so all the file pathnames start with ./     
This freezes the player.

Using 11.1.78 now, but
Can't set a "PLAYLIST" folder destination, or any other name.
It resets it to "Playlists" (note the plural. This matters)

SwellGuy

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 04:32:45 pm »

bopz,

MC isn't finding configuration information for that MuVo and we don't have one to test. You could help us out by letting us know a few things about the device...

- What name does MC give the device the first time it is recognized?
- Does the device recognize audio files if they are located in multiple directories?

Thanks.

bopz

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 06:06:00 pm »

- What name does MC give the device the first time it is recognized?
- Does the device recognize audio files if they are located in multiple directories?

11.0 recognized it immediately.
11.1.78 usually requires device disconnect, reconnect, then an MC restart.
Finally, it calls it:
  CREATIVE MuVo^2 FM (uHDD)

(I would like to request, while we are here, that a previously-recognized device's options be configurable even while the device is disconnected.)

The muvo handles this sort of thing ok:

FolderA/FileX.mp3
  FolderB/FileX.mp3

recognizing and playing both. If the parent folder of the above example, were being played, all sub-folders and contents would be played. The muvo also has simple folder browsing.

SwellGuy

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 11:41:25 am »

Thanks, bopz, this is very helpful.

Some of the other MuVo's we've tested have a folder depth limitation of two folders. In the following example...

\Music\Artist\Track1.mp3
\Artist\Album\Track2.mp3
\Music\Artist\Album\Tract3.mp3

A  MuVo NX will access Track1 and Track2 but not Track3. Does the MuVo^2 FM have this same limitation?

I will look into the device recognition problem you mention.

Can you clarify what you mean by configuring devices that are disconnected. If you go through \Tools\Options\Handheld you can configure any device you've ever connected (just select it from the dropdown), providing that you haven't uninstalled and removed registry entries or run 'Redetect Devices' (which wipes out settings).

Thanks again for the feedback,

Rick

bopz

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 09:53:31 pm »

A  MuVo NX will access Track1 and Track2 but not Track3. Does the MuVo^2 FM have this same limitation?

Handles this just fine:
   \folder1\folder2\folder3\track.mp3

\Tools\Options\Handheld you can configure any device you've ever connected

Ok found it.

I will look into the device recognition problem you mention.

Thanks

bopz

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 06:30:51 am »

Can you clarify what you mean by configuring devices that are disconnected. If you go through \Tools\Options\Handheld you can configure any device you've ever connected (just select it from the dropdown), providing that you haven't uninstalled and removed registry entries or run 'Redetect Devices' (which wipes out settings).

in 11.1.81
I can access the settings for a disconnected device, but the Files & Paths are reset to the defaults instead of remembering the customizations. Only when the device is connected, it remembers. This is probably trivial, but I use an expression in the folder path, so I want to check it or copy it sometimes to use in other devices.

Pages: [1]   Go Up