INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tag Mode Questions  (Read 1202 times)

JONCAT

Tag Mode Questions
« on: December 11, 2005, 10:47:49 am »

Hey all - quick question regarding Tagging Mode...

what ios the difference between Tagging Mode and "update tags when file info changes" in Options?

I like being able to edit any info as I work/listen/browse my librtary so as to make corrections to spelling and other such errors. So is tagging mode like a mass tagger or something. I always have the update tags when file info changes but rarely use tagging mode. I'll check out the help file but maybe hearing from opther users would make it more clear. 

thanks
Jonathan

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Tag Mode Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 04:02:21 pm »

Hey all - quick question regarding Tagging Mode...

what ios the difference between Tagging Mode and "update tags when file info changes" in Options?

Tagging mode activates the little tick boxes you see beside entries in the panes.
"update tags when...." tells MC that, if it is able to, it should save the tag changes to the file itself, as well as internally in the library database.

JONCAT

Tag Mode Questions
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 04:39:51 pm »

I have always noticed the tick boxes, is it just like using Ctrl + select to choose multiple items to tag? It must be different from that? My complaint was that I never used the tick boxes and the behavior (in panes) was such that when you selected an album thumbnail the files on that album would  have the checks added to the tick boxes in the Names pane, but they were mixed in with every other song in your archive. For tagging I guess I vaguely see the point, but I NEVER tagged that way (still not positive but it's like mass tagging?) and it prevented me from directly/instantly viewing the files on the album (as we have now in the alpha...sort of).

Can you give me an example of exactly how the tick boxes are used?

thanks,
Jonathan

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Tag Mode Questions
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 01:35:52 am »

I very, very rarely use them for tagging audio. When tagging audio, I generally use inline editing or the 'tag info' action window.

panes + tagging mode really come into their own when tagging images...

import some new photos, have some useful panes such as people, places and events for example on show. select image(s), then simply 'tick to tag'
it's a system that works really well, for me, at least. if I remember right, F4 will take you into tagging mode, and there's also a toolbar button you can add if you like, me, I just click in a tickbox and choose 'enable' on the prompt that pops up on screen.

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up