INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drag and Drop Reorder of Playing Now, MC 11.1.77  (Read 1305 times)

twebb72

• Junior Woodchuck
Drag and Drop Reorder of Playing Now, MC 11.1.77
« on: December 12, 2005, 03:33:35 pm »

I've noticed the drag and drop reorder functionality has been removed in 11.1.77 (When I go to reorder a playing now file, the 'No' cursor appears). Is this a band-aid for a bug? I really liked this functionality (helps alot when forming playlists). I hope its coming back in 11.1.78. Any plans on bringing it back?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Drag and Drop Reorder of Playing Now, MC 11.1.77
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 04:56:52 pm »

It should work.  Try the build that's going up shortly.

If it still doesn't work, email a screenshot of what you're looking at to matt at jriver.com so we can make sure we're on the same page.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 10:11:42 am »

Thanks for the screenshot.

Drag-n-drop reorder is disabled when there is a search in the search box since you're only looking at a subset of the full list.  In this case, it isn't clear what a reorder would mean, so it gets disabled.

Does that make sense, or is it obvious what a reorder would mean to other people?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

twebb72

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 10:42:35 am »

Hey, that makes sense. I'm not sure but I think I would prefer a reorder after the previous file. Say the order is 50, 55, 60. Reorder 50 after 55 and it would be queued as 56. Just a thought. It's probably opening up a can of worms though.

jgreen

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 11:00:50 am »

Matt, is there any chance that Playing Now could simply be exempted from searches?  It seems there are already special rules for playing now when seen in a view (cannot delete, for example).  In terms of usability, having to restore playing now before dragging in search results does complicate things a bit.  The reorder restriction takes it further, IMO.
Pages: [1]   Go Up