INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.79 Beta  (Read 7728 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.79 Beta
« on: December 12, 2005, 05:02:57 pm »

This is a beta version of MC 11.1.  It will work with the same MC11 license that 11.0 uses.  Please post only bugs here.  Anything requiring discussion should go in a new thread.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved. 

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

The public release version of Media Center 11.0 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html (recommended for new users)

This latest build of MC11.1 Beta is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111079.exe

11.1.79 (12/12/05)

1. Fixed: DVD playback was not working properly.
2. Fixed: MP3 files were not getting properly closed after playback. (introduced in build 73)
3. Changed: Right click option to transfer portable files to PC removed. To do this now, drag files to MC 'My Computer'
4. Changed: Groupings in view schemes no longer show as their own button at the top of a library view.
5. Changed: Media Center only uses "Artist" as an abbreviation for Album Artist / Album Artist (auto) in view schemes with only one artist style field. (and never abbreviates in the configuration dialog or pane headers)
6. Fixed: Locate on Disk was not working properly in library grouped tile views.
7. Changed: WMDM style devices honor the "send artwork" setting in handheld options.
8. Fixed: Some edit controls would fail to redraw properly on Win2K machines.
9. Changed: Library views start in the classic pane look by default.
10. Fixed: Library Server would not play correctly immediately after installation.
11. Changed: The 'Delete files not in sync' handheld option will only delete files from the device that are of the same media type as the files in the sync.
12. NEW: WavPack audio format can be played in MC natively if needed DirectShow filters are installed. For now there is no support for ID3 tag reading/writing.
13. Changed: Mp4 and aac are put in the list of natively played extensions (along with m4a).
14. Fixed: Close button in CD rip progress action window did nothing. Now it cancels the rip if user confirms.
15. NEW: Added a custom webpage that shows when clicking "Services & Plug-ins" in the tree.
16. NEW: Include revised artwork for podcasting.
17. Fixed: Some handheld devices not using correct configuration settings (work in progress).

11.1.78 (12/10/05)

1. NEW: New thumbnail storage and loading engine that is often 100 or more times faster. (ex. loading 100,000 thumbs after reboot took over 2 minutes before, now takes less than a second) (also uses less memory than before with no change in thumbnail quality).  Requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails.
2. Optimized: Standard (non-tile) lists that show thumbnails draw over twice as fast.
3. Fixed: Not all images would properly cycle through during a mouse-over slideshow in a library tile.
4. Fixed: Library browser style lists wouldn't redraw properly when scrolling with the keyboard.
5. Changed: Updated Theater View to use the same (more efficient) thumbnail system as standard view.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
Configurable locations for all media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

matshif

Re: Media Center 11.1.79 Beta
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 05:15:21 pm »

Playing DVD is now working. Thanks.
/Mats

alanl

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 05:22:02 pm »

Now you've started playing with Services plug-ins in 11.1.79, is there any chance you'll get time to look at this?

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30661.0  ;)

Alan

LonWar

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 05:50:37 pm »

Has anybody else noticed that some of the track Names in the Library are missing?

2852 of 25574 are missing track names???
-

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 05:54:00 pm »

Has anybody else noticed that some of the track Names in the Library are missing?

I have a smartlist that looks for missing tags that are important to me.  The NAME field is one of them.
The playlist reports that all of them are populated.
I also verified by selecting all records in the Audio view scheme and sorting on the NAME field.  No blanks.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 05:55:37 pm »

The lock issues while tagging and analyzing audio appear to be worked out.

Also,
Are you planning on making the bottom list pane follow the settings in "customize current view"?
It's still showing default fields and I cannot add other fields to be displayed.

Tanguero

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 05:57:20 pm »

To the right of the (almost) new buttons "Files", "Artists", "Albums", "Discs #" there is a text indicating the present view e.g. "Artists".  If I move the cursor over it, it gets underlined and the cursor turns into a hand, indicating that this is a clickable link, but when I click it nothing happens (and I can't see any logical action to do when I click a word describing what I already see). If these words are not links, they shouldn't look as if they were.

urlwolf

• World Citizen
  • building gomotron!
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 06:04:38 pm »

11.1.74 (12/7/05)

1. NEW: Merged Media Library and Library Browser into one system.
2. Changed: Removed the "Documents" media mode.

^^ I don't like this one. The "Documents" media mode was my default mode in my laptop. I had all my pdfs organized with it :(

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 06:06:26 pm »

ive noticed something similar.  sometimes when i import, tags from files get messed up.  for example, one time i did an import, a bunch of files lost their ratings tag.  just recently, upon an import, the number of plays for some files got lost.  its a wierd bug and one that is barely noticeable, so i would just recommend doing a new import and seeing if that fixes it.  it would be nice for it to get fixed, however.
http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous

serf

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 06:48:20 pm »

re: "11. Changed: The 'Delete files not in sync' handheld option will only delete files from the device that are of the same media type as the files in the sync."

Can it go further & simply delete from the playlist (on the handheld) the files not on the playlist to be transferred to the handheld (and leave files on other plalists alone)? 

That's totally unclear.  The situation is podcasts are stored on my laptop, but my music files are stored on an external hardrive.  Sometimes, when I'm not near the external drive, I would like to update the podcast playlist on the handheld (delete those with "number played" 1 or more & put new podcasts on the handheld).  My recollection/suspicion is that if I sync when not connected to the external drive and with only the podcast playlist checked and with "delete files not on the playlist" checked, after the sync only the podcast files will be on the handheld.

Maybe it already does what I want now?  Thanks.

LonWar

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 08:16:23 pm »

I did a Ipod Sync, and I hit eject when done.
The Ipod shows the memory being used, but all the tracks are gone,
I put Ipod back in MC, and it said MC error memory couldn't be read, then crashed MC
Started MC, and a dialogue box came up saying that there was errors and would I like MC to rebuild the db.

I clicked Yes, I will report back what the result is... It may take a while.

Why would this happen?
-

LonWar

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 09:16:03 pm »

I did a Ipod Sync, and I hit eject when done.
The Ipod shows the memory being used, but all the tracks are gone,
I put Ipod back in MC, and it said MC error memory couldn't be read, then crashed MC
Started MC, and a dialogue box came up saying that there was errors and would I like MC to rebuild the db.

I clicked Yes, I will report back what the result is... It may take a while.

Why would this happen?

MC Froze.... Reboot my computer and got stuck in the Ipod Loop Of Death... RLOD for short.
-

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 12:57:47 am »

2. Fixed: MP3 files were not getting properly closed after playback. (introduced in build 73)

Yes!
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 01:00:07 am »

This one is in since at least 11.76 (and reported since then)

I think a got a bug:
Use the new Media Browser and select the Genres button.
Select a Genre and click on the 'play'-option.
Then stop the player.
If you start the player again it plays the whole library.
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 06:23:01 am »

Cover art not getting created on ipod when syncing playlists.

Cover art was working fine in an earlier build.
Art is saved as folder.jpg, not stored in file tags.

Noticed that songs sync'd with earlier builds had art and newly sync'd songs did not.
So,  intialized ipod in MC.
noticed that artwork folder and artworkdb don't exist at this point.
Verified option under handheld "enable album artwork if possible" for each device is checked.
Changed handheld option to "manual mode (drag/drop).
Dragged a couple of albums onto the ipod.
Noted that the artwork directory was created and now had artworkdb file and a couple of .ithmb files.

Next, changed handheld option to "sync mode - playlists".
Let the ipod synchronize overnight.
This morning, there are no additional .ithmb files and the artworkdb hasn't been modified.
Ipod shows no art.

Duplicated with ipod photo 60GB and also on ipod nano 4GB.

Tried another album with logging enabled.  Here it is:
http://zxsix.dyndns.org:81/mclog.txt

dcwebman

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 07:26:00 am »

I reported this before and never saw a reply. In mini-view, when the last song is played in playing now, it stays on the last song instead of going back to "Media Center - 11" like it used to do and like Standard View does. I can't tell if the playing now is complete or if media center got stuck without having to pull up the playlist.

Can you please either let me know it's supposed to work this way now (differently than 11 always was) or we know about it - stop reporting it?
Jeff

dcwebman

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 07:32:31 am »

I did a quick search but couldn't find anybody that reported this yet. If in the new library view I have selected "Show files at bottom", I can't figure out any way to customize that file list view. I changed the current view for it for example to move Rating to the end and saved for this view only. When I come back and look at the customize view settings Rating has moved to the end of the list but it still displays in the "Show files at bottom" file list in the same location. How do I change that bottom view?
Jeff

Berg

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005, 07:45:02 am »

Same here - many of my tracks, which are tagged properly and have all the info., don't show the track's artist ...

ConTrail

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2005, 09:46:58 am »

Bug (since a long time ago): Maximizing the display to full screen (on second monitor) and minimizing MC make you unable to restore MC again.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2005, 10:20:10 am »

Now you've started playing with Services plug-ins in 11.1.79, is there any chance you'll get time to look at this?

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30661.0  ;)

We're looking at it...

j

JohnT

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2005, 10:29:43 am »

Avpman-

I split your autorip problem out to a separate thread entitled "AutoRip". Could you please reply there?

Thanks.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

SteveG

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2005, 02:04:35 pm »

imjustagamer,

When you ejected this last time, did you check if the icon on the iPod had changed from 'Do not disconnect' to 'Ok to disconnect', or did you click on eject and then immediately disconnect the iPod?

Thanks,

Steve

SteveG

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2005, 02:20:04 pm »

zxsix,

On a clean iPod, can you sync a small playlist that has the files that successfully copied artwork when you manually dropped them and verify that the artwork does not show up?

Thanks,

Steve

LonWar

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2005, 02:27:25 pm »

imjustagamer,

When you ejected this last time, did you check if the icon on the iPod had changed from 'Do not disconnect' to 'Ok to disconnect', or did you click on eject and then immediately disconnect the iPod?

Thanks,

Steve

I click eject, and the Ipod instantly went to the Media Screen, So I disconnected it.
-

Sauzee

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2005, 02:48:19 pm »

When I click All media mode (the globe icon) MC only lists audio files. ie clicking all media mode takes me to Audio in the tree view - there is no All Media listing in the tree.

edbro

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2005, 03:02:35 pm »

When I click All media mode (the globe icon) MC only lists audio files. ie clicking all media mode takes me to Audio in the tree view - there is no All Media listing in the tree.
Yeah, I thought so too. See thread here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30655.0
If you watch the tree though, clicking All Media enables the other "folders" (video, Images, etc)

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2005, 03:55:35 pm »

===========

When editing fields in AW > file properties > tag info, the cursor does not change to a 'typing cursor' (??) when moved into the field that is currently in edit mode.

===========

Using [dimensions] in the thumbnail text (customise current view) results in:

CIRCULAR: dimensions

being displayed instead of the actual image dimensions.

============

add any field to thumbnail text and if the field is "unnasigned", no thumbnail is displayed in the filelist.

============

I've set keywords for commonly used library fields. I used lp= for [last played] and fnp= for [file name (path)] for example.
If I type fnp=dylan into the search bar, when MC converts this to "friendly view" it displays it as "playlist: p=dylan"
It does this wherever I've used the letter p in the keyword.

============

Closing MC while minimised causes it to forget that it was a maximised window. When next started, MC opens in a 'restored' window.

============

bugs? depends on your viewpoint:
============

Persistant selection causes problems.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30241.0

what's the official line on this one? I'm not sure how others feel, but it feels uncomfortable to me and constantly interupts my workflow requiring me to scroll away down to the bottom of the list to find that blank bit to click in to get to the "none selected" state.

============

Please, can we get an "apply" button on the "edit viewscheme" options like there is on the customise current view options?

============

Navigation ~ Favourites ~ maybe this time around?:

Discussion?

============

Status bar irritations.
I often rate a song that's playing while I'm working with MC, or perhaps i'll correct a tagging error I've spotted on the currently playing track. The problem then is that the status bar hangs on "saving tags.. 1 remaining" and then on "done saving tag changes"
This means the usual information in the status bar is not visible. Is there any way that the tag saving status can be seperated, perhaps placing it in the far right of the status bar, allowing the usual status info to always be displayed?
If it's do-able, it would be a most welcome update at this end.

============

Would be cool if we could use database expressions in the thumbnail text area of "customise current view" and the player display bar.

============

"selection by dragging" does not work, which is by design. It'll be missed. Any chance of a reprieve?

============

Could we get some "file exists" rules please?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=29885.0

============

Sauzee

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2005, 04:04:31 pm »

Yeah, I thought so too. See thread here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30655.0
If you watch the tree though, clicking All Media enables the other "folders" (video, Images, etc)

Thanks Edbro - i see what you mean. I think it would be better if MC had an ALL Media category on the tree - like it did in 11.0. It's useful to have an overview of the entire MC library eg. know the total size and number of files in the entire library.
Pages: [1]   Go Up