INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.82 Beta  (Read 5677 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.82 Beta
« on: December 15, 2005, 05:23:28 pm »

This is a beta version of MC 11.1.  It will work with the same MC11 license that 11.0 uses.  Please post only bugs here.  Anything requiring discussion should go in a new thread.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

The public release version of Media Center 11.0 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html (recommended for new users)

This latest build of MC11.1 Beta is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111082.exe

11.1.82 (12/15/05)

1. Changed: Restored "Album Thumbnails" list style.
2. NEW: Added list style to the "View" menu at the top-right of a library file listing.
3. Changed: When playback stops in mini-view, the text updates to the stopped state. (instead of showing the last file that played)
4. Changed: Options to check or uncheck all tracks for ripping added to CD right-click menu.
5. Fixed: Files with invalid internal art (1x1 transparent GIF, etc.) could show as a pink thumbnail.
6. Fixed: Scrollbar arrows would fail to work if the mouse wheel hadn't been used first.
7. Fixed: In rare cases, building multiple thumbnails at once of the same file type could cause a crash.
8. Fixed: In library tiles, when resizing where the "Link" drop button would appear, it wouldn't be removed when making the window larger again.
9. Changed: Library view header looks better with large font selections.
10. NEW: Podcast one-click subscriptions are partially implemented for experimental use only.  You cannot yet actually subscribe with this method.
11. Fixed: Cover art was not drawing properly in visualizations.
12. Fixed: UTF16 MP3 tagging would use the wrong byte order style in some cases. (introduced in 11.1.81)
13. Fixed: In some cases, confirmation boxes from handhelds could pop up behind Media Center, making the player look stuck.
14. Changed: Reworded options that removes files not in sync and added extra warning when enabling it.
15. Changed: Importing of aac and other types was redone.
16. New: MC will use Haali Media Splitter to load files (aac, m4a etc.) if normal way fails. This should simplify DirectShow filter requirement.
17. Fixed: The first image on an iPod could get overwritten each upload. (causing a blank to appear)

11.1.81 (12/14/05)

1. Fixed: Handheld options dialog could crash if no handhelds were detected.
2. Fixed: Clicking "Play" on a library browser tile wouldn't give the focus to the list, so pressing stop and play again would play the tree selection instead of the list selection.
3. Changed: Thumbnail text, player display, etc. use same expression engine as view schemes / columns so more functionality is supported. (also fixes circular reference error when using calculated fields)
4. Changed: Removed "Album Thumbnails" list style -- for grouping views, use the new library browser tile views.
5. Fixed: In CD burn settings, when "use crossfade" setting was disabled, user could still get a message about a direct decoding conflict with dsp settings.
6. Changed: MP3 ID3v2 tagging uses UTF-16 anytime there's a character over 127.
7. Changed: MP3 tag reading now fully supports UTF-8 as well as UTF-16.
8. Optimized: Loading and switching library views is faster.
9. Changed: Clicking "Play" on a view header for a view with no files will show a no files error. (instead of playing other available files)
10. Fixed: Some skins would crop the top and bottom pixels off tree images on selection. (change Tree::Selection::TopBorder and Tree::Selection::BottomBorder to tune 3rd party skins)
11. Fixed: Some MP3's created by Helix in stereo mode would hiccup during playback in MC.
12. Fixed: Erase All thumbnails was not working.
13. Changed: Thumbnail database compacts on shutdown if there is too much wasted space and database is large enough.
14. Changed: MC will warn user if it can not import/play a file by DirectShow method (for aac and other new file formats).
15. Fixed: UPnP Autodetection of server type works better for the DLink DSM-320.
16. Changed: Added a backwards compatibility layer for programs that get thumbnails using MC's SDK. (Playing Now, etc.)
17. Fixed: Search shortcuts ending in p= would fight with the default playlist search shortcut.
18. Changed: In auto-rip mode, if CD is not found in database, user can choose to skip ripping the CD.
19. Fixed: In auto-rip mode, the option "choose the first multi-match CD" was being ignored.
20. Changed: Tuned mouse-wheel scroll speed when in thumbnail and tile lists.

11.1.80 (12/13/05)

1. Changed: When starting playback of a single image, Media Center will not start in slideshow mode.
2. Fixed: Subsequent uses of the shell extensions could cause a crash.
3. Optimized: Substantial speedups when double-clicking a file from Explorer to play inside Media Center.
4. Changed: Updated Podcasting tree art slightly.
5. Changed: Reworked logging format to provide finer granularity of timings.
6. Changed: Handheld options page defaults to the last used device. (instead of the first device seen by MC)
7. Fixed: On CD burn settings page, the "direct decoding" checkbox could be selected even if "omit silence" was selected in the DSP settings.
8. Fixed: Transferring m4a files to handheld device would hang when conversion reaches 99%.
9. Fixed: Folder creation was not working on some WMDM devices. (introduced in 11.1.79)
10. Changed: Library Server now verifies the version between the client and server.
11. Fixed: Multiple CD auto-ripping working again.
12. Changed: Auto-Eject feature for iPod removed from right click and put in Tools->Options->Handheld->Devices. Includes option for auto eject on close and after sync.
13. Changed: Added a Use Default Library option to the Incomplete Shutdown options.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
Configurable locations for all media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

LonWar

Re: Media Center 11.1.82 Beta
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 05:45:21 pm »

Hello,

1 Can we have the ability to resize the Thumbnails in the new view
2 Seems a little slower then the last build.
3 Not really sure what the link beside the last button is for?

4 Can we have a drop down to navigate the tree.... I like to hide the tree at times

Thanks,
-

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 05:48:27 pm »

I absolutely love direct support for .MP4 files (since version .79 or so) but:

Why is MC11 opening the movie in a seperate window called (ActiveMovie Window) and not embedded in DirectX player in "Playing Now" ??

BB

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 05:52:40 pm »

Additional Question:

Actually the new window opening might not be a bad idea but: Could I configure it that way that it opens "ZoomPlayer" instead of whatever software this active wondiw uses now??

Would be great!

BB

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 06:25:28 pm »

I absolutely love direct support for .MP4 files (since version .79 or so) but:

Why is MC11 opening the movie in a seperate window called (ActiveMovie Window) and not embedded in DirectX player in "Playing Now" ??

BB

I am working on that.

The reason being that we meant to play audio  files in native playback engine and did not get the video part sort out yet.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Tanguero

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 06:40:10 pm »

When I jump to the next track, it takes anything between 5 seconds and a minute before I see the right track highlighted in the track list. At one occation the old track remained highlighted, but normally it goes:
The new track starts playing -  Wait - Old track gets "neutral" - wait - new track gets highlighted.

The music skips alright, it's only the visual part that is slow.

I have tried restarting the PC, but that makes no difference.

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 07:06:58 pm »

16. New: MC will use Haali Media Splitter to load files (aac, m4a etc.) if normal way fails. This should simplify DirectShow filter requirement.

That should definitely simplify it all!
http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 07:07:48 pm »

5. Fixed: Files with invalid internal art (1x1 transparent GIF, etc.) could show as a pink thumbnail.

Did you fix the cover art download too? MC downloaded those 1x1 pixel images from somewhere (or at least saved incorrectly).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

LonWar

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 07:12:29 pm »

Can we also have the ability to Hide "Podcasts" and "Webmedia" from the tree.

Thanks
-

lpr

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2005, 07:57:47 pm »

When I jump to the next track, it takes anything between 5 seconds and a minute before I see the right track highlighted in the track list.

Got a similar problem.

If I move the mouse over the track list, the highlighted track will update, but If I leave the mouse on the "next track" icon, it will never update.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2005, 08:26:05 pm »

I just tried to play one of my m4a files and it flashed a message up saying that the filters arent installed, so it'll use directshow instead. It then proceeds to flash the message up for every file in the album.

I think that if MC really wants you to have those filters then that message should ask me if I want to download them, and if I say yes, then it should proceed to install them automatically.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 08:36:46 pm »

2. NEW: Added list style to the "View" menu at the top-right of a library file listing.

Not on my computer. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place.
In that view menu, I still have the same 3 choices:
Show alphabet
show files at bottom
Show bidirectional links (Which should be called "History" or "Selection history" or something IMO)

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 11:54:52 pm »

Hello !

K-Lite Codec Pack 2.65 FULL is installed on my PC and it import files *.M4A,

but, always, MC don't import audio files *.AAC !

I don't understand !!!!

:( :-\ :'(

0094578: Import: GetSearchFolderList: Start
0094578: Import: GetSearchFolderList: Include: C:\My Music\Variés\Pianiste 35\
0094578: Import: GetSearchFolderList: Exclude: C:\My Music\ZZListes\
0094578: Import: GetSearchFolderList: Exclude: C:\Temp\
0094578: Import: GetSearchFolderList: Exclude: C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrateur\Application Data\J River\Media Center 11\Thumbnails\{80594288-317F-4F1D-B2BF-8CBBC00909FB}\
0094578: Import: GetSearchFolderList: Finish (0 ms)
0094578: Import: GetNewFiles: Start
0094765: Import: AddFile: Found: C:\My Music\Variés\Pianiste 35\Variés - Pianiste 35 - 01 - Purcell - Suite en sol majeur Z660 - Prélude et Fugue.aac
0094765: Import: AddFile: Found: C:\My Music\Variés\Pianiste 35\Variés - Pianiste 35 - 02 - Schubert - Dans allemande n°2 D420.aac
0094765: Import: GetNewFiles: Finish (187 ms)
0094765: Import: ImportNewFiles: Start
0094765: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: C:\My Music\Variés\Pianiste 35\Variés - Pianiste 35 - 01 - Purcell - Suite en sol majeur Z660 - Prélude et Fugue.aac
0105890: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Failed to analyze / add
0105906: Database: MCDB::Save: Start
0105906: Database: MCDB::Save: Saving (bCleanDB: 0, bForce: 0)
0105906: Database: MCDB::Save: Finish (0 ms)

:-[ :( :'(

Media Center Registered 11.1.82 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3200 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 534 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive E: HP      DVD Writer 640b   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F: SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-616E   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: HP       DVD Writer 640b    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /

Help ! SOS !

Jean-Marc

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2005, 12:03:43 am »

Import Files *.AAC :

Excuse me !

What is this message :

"Haali Me ...

First element in file is not EBML"

Thanks

Jean-Marc

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2005, 12:13:39 am »

6. Fixed: Scrollbar arrows would fail to work if the mouse wheel hadn't been used first.

Works!
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2005, 12:15:12 am »

Not on my computer. Unless I'm looking in the wrong place.
In that view menu, I still have the same 3 choices:
Show alphabet
show files at bottom
Show bidirectional links (Which should be called "History" or "Selection history" or something IMO)

Park,
you will see the options after you click the files button. For the other ones it does not makes sence.
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2005, 03:05:25 am »

playerbar display problem with [file size] and [last played] not being converted to friendly formats, displaying the raw data instead....

I can work around [last played] using FormatDate([last played],elapsed) but can't seem to format [file size] with an expression. Also, a forward-slash needs to be escaped, //, before it will be displayed.

ferent

• Galactic Citizen
  • Go to Linux
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2005, 03:09:55 am »

If I import files (images for example) directly from a folder in my system, MC imports ok but it goes directly to Music in the tree list and there aren´t files (because the files are images, not mp3).

If i go to images in the tree I lost the Playlist (recently imported) in the search and I can´t see the new imported files.
Go to linux

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2005, 05:39:19 am »

using the browser buttons with files displayed below...

files in the list are selectable, but the tag info window does not reflect the selection, therefore, any edits that are made in the tag info window are applied to all files in the list.

customise current view...
columns: chosen columns are only used in "file" view, they get replaced by default columns when using the browser buttons.
sorting: the default "saved" sorts are not loading. any one of them clears the list.

===============

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2005, 08:10:40 am »

Import Files *.AAC :

Excuse me !

What is this message :

"Haali Me ...

First element in file is not EBML"

Thanks

Jean-Marc

Haali Media Splitter had trouble reading the file.

Can you try installing 3ivx decoders so you can avoid using Haali Media Splitter?

http://www.3ivx.com/download/windows.html

Did you get other error messages?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2005, 08:14:39 am »

but, always, MC don't import audio files *.AAC !

Are those aac files protected?

dcwebman

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2005, 08:53:48 am »

you will see the options after you click the files button. For the other ones it does not makes sence.

It does make sense if I have "Show files at bottom" selected in the other 2 views. In that case, the Customized Current View should work, just like it does if you click the Files button.

Also, thanks for fixing the mini-view showing "Media Center - 11" when playing now is finished playing instead of staying on the last song.
Jeff

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2005, 09:10:26 am »

To Mister Yaobing !

Problem with  files *.AAC

Yes, I have 3ivx on my PC (3ivxVfWCodec.dll, ... )! .... and Import is always impossible...

And I have, for files *M4A, problem with filenames (they are incomplete)

Sorry.

Jean-Marc

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2005, 09:38:50 am »

I am getting a permanent horizontal scrollbar on the list. No matter how much information is shown.

Vertical scroll bar is fine. It disappears when expected.

Also, please look into, asap, this rip/eject/close/tag renaming bug that I have mentioned in other builds. It is still prevalent in this build and last night after ripping 27 CDs, and pressing no every time the message box popped up (You have made changes to "X" files, do you want to save), MC still ended up changing the Genre and SubGenre information on all of them to what I had input for the last CD that was ripped. Not a HUGE mishap, as I really only had about 5 different Genres and SubGenres going at the time. However, that could have been a disaster.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2005, 09:58:50 am »

11.1.82 (12/15/05)

Tests fine now.

8. Fixed: In library tiles, when resizing where the "Link" drop button would appear, it wouldn't be removed when making the window larger again.

Tests fine now.

17. Fixed: The first image on an iPod could get overwritten each upload. (causing a blank to appear)

Will test this tonight to see if it fixes the missing albumart on subsequent ipod syncs.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2005, 10:01:29 am »

It does make sense if I have "Show files at bottom" selected in the other 2 views. In that case, the Customized Current View should work, just like it does if you click the Files button.

Also, thanks for fixing the mini-view showing "Media Center - 11" when playing now is finished playing instead of staying on the last song.

I reported the need for the customize current view back around build 80.
This is a big deal for me as I really want to use these new view schemes, but I can't until I can get rid of the file path field and add a couple others that are important to me to the "display files at bottom" section.
A big PLEEEEEAAASE!!! from me.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2005, 10:34:10 am »

To Mister Yaobing !

Problem with  files *.AAC

Yes, I have 3ivx on my PC (3ivxVfWCodec.dll, ... )! .... and Import is always impossible...

And I have, for files *M4A, problem with filenames (they are incomplete)

Sorry.

Jean-Marc

3ivxVfWCodec.dll may not be enough. The 3ivx filters installed with K-Lite is missing a Media Splitter filter, which makes it impossible to render some aac files on some computers. That was why I made a recent change to try using Haali Media Splitter. What I would like to know is whether 3ivx D4 Media Splitter would do better than Haali Media Splitter.

Do your aac files have digital rights protection on them?

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2005, 03:00:27 pm »

Can confirm that the list is not updating the currently playing track until you mouse over the track in the list.

Also, it seems that the Auto Shrink and Auto Collapse options for the tree are only working sporadically. One session it will work, next it will not. Sometimes it will work for part of the session and then not for the rest. Theres no consistency with this issue.

-Note to J River employees-

I would be wary of openly condoning and supporting the use of Codec packs such as K-Lite and others of that ilk. Many of them contain unlicensed pro content and codecs like Quicktime Alternative and Real Alternative. A handful of these codecs are hacked and ripped from Pro content and redistributed without license in these codec packs.

Neowin.net strictly forbids and occasionally bans members for even posting nods to said codec packs. Posting links is usually a ticket right out the door.

Not that J River should mimic Neowin.net's practices, however it is something I thought you may be interested in knowing.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
No cover art on remote client.
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2005, 03:21:05 pm »

Did something change? Cover art is not showing on remote clients when using library server. All I get is gray boxes with the album title text in it.

Don't know if this is significant or not, but the library server dialog shows the forwardslashes for the cover art and backslashes for the music files:

2/17/05 05:10:11 - Received request for a file: C:\Music\Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young\4 Way Street disc 1\Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - The Lee Shore.ape

12/17/05 05:10:11 - Received request for a file: C:/Music/Cover Art/Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - 4 Way Street disc 1.jpg

12/17/05 05:14:34 - Received request for a file: C:\Music\Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young\4 Way Street disc 1\Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Chicago.ape

12/17/05 05:14:40 - Received request for a file: C:/Music/Cover Art/Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - 4 Way Street disc 1.jpg

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2005, 04:00:44 pm »

It seems that there's a problem with Sync to Handheld while selecting "Delete from handheld any files not in sync list".

The first time I tried it in MC 11.1.81, it deleted all files, including non media files, but left the folders intact. 24 hours later, the files had magically returned, as if they had only been hidden temporarily.

Now, with MC 11.1.82, the same option deleted a whole folder of non media files (France_Maps) that held my GPS map files, however left another folder intact, including the files within (Books).

Has anyone else been testing sync with a Pocket PC, using the "Delete from handheld..." option? Is someone at JRiver Dev doing testing with this scenario?

Thanks,
Kwake
Pages: [1]   Go Up