INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JaredH: Ripping Tag Problems  (Read 1027 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JaredH: Ripping Tag Problems
« on: December 16, 2005, 03:28:25 pm »

Hey Jared,

We can't figure out how clicking the "Close" button in the rip action window could change any tags.

Do you have any more clues?  Third-party plugins?  Other Action Windows that are open at the same time?  Only after doing in-place editing?

Thanks for any help.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
Re: JaredH: Ripping Tag Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 05:32:49 pm »

After minimal testing, it seems its happening when the Tag Info window is open. I can't figure it out either, but I know for sure that clicking the "Close" button at the end of a rip is what initiates the window. As noted before, when pressing no, for a while, everything was ok. But last night after clicking "No", all of the genre/sub genre tags on the tracks I had ripped in that session were changed to Rock/Folk respectively.

I closed the "Tag Info" window a few times before clicking close on the completed rip and It did not happen. However, with the issue being random and not constant, its hard to say if that was because the "Tag Info" window was closed, or if it just happened to be one of the random times that it worked correctly.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

JaredH

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 07:55:50 pm »

A bit more research has shown that closing the "Tag Info" window is occasionally popping up that window as well.

This is just my theory, but it seems that focusing or closing the "Tag Info" window is causing it to refresh, which in turn is causing it to pop up the confirmation window asking to save information. It seems as though that it is basing the changes made on the last info that was entered into the window. I've also noticed that certain fields that were filled on previous CDs or mp3's will show up as filled with the previous information from previous CDs. For instance, I fill the "Comment" field with the initials JAH on every CD I am ripping now so that I know the mp3s have been ripped by me. After that CD is finished, it ejects. I put the next CD in, which MC has previously ripped (almost 1 year ago) however the "Comment" field has not been tagged. Only when I put this CD in, the JAH tag in the "Comment" field has been filled from the previous CD.

It's almost as if the tag window is not completely refreshing and filling with the proper information from the currently selected file or CD and information from previous file or CD is not being cleared out, thus filling fields on the new media with tags that belong to the lsat media selected.

I hope this is not too confusing. Unfortunately, with the problem being as strange as it is, I am unable to post pics that capture the problem I'm referring to.
J. A. Hayslett

JaredH

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 03:31:25 pm »

Ok, build 83 has shown even worse problems.

It's not popping up a "Save changes" window at all. However it is changing tags all over the place. Any file on the "Recently Ripped" playlist is getting changed. An example, I was ripping more CDs today, one of which was an old Good Charlotte CD. Then after ripping that CD I ripped two CDs from a local band. I then went on to rip about 6 more CDs. After doing all of this, I decided to look at the "Recently Ripped" playlist when it popped up. Here are the changes that took place without my prompting.

3 CDs were changed to the Artist Good Charlotte
The titles of those 3 CDs, plus one more, were changed to the title of one of the CDs from the local band.
The date keeps getting changed, on all files in the playlist, to whatever the date was on the last ripped CD.

This is considerable more problematic than the window popping up. I really wish I knew how to duplicate the problem for you guys, but it seems to be totally random.

If you need the Debug Log or anything else, just let me know.
J. A. Hayslett

JaredH

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 10:36:45 am »

It seems that the problem may be centered around the "Recently Ripped" smartlist and the "Tag Info" window.
J. A. Hayslett

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 10:45:54 am »

I think we got it.

Closing the "File Properties" Action Window while it was closed after making changes could save the same changes to the new selection.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up