INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Invalid License error  (Read 846 times)

RedJ

Invalid License error
« on: September 28, 2002, 10:04:50 am »

I am receiving an Invalid License error message when I attempt to activate my MJ8/9 license in MJ8.

I just purchased a new license yesterday to allow me to continue checking out the ver 9 preview (had been running 8 with a v7 license).  I downloaded the MJR file, since I have multiple computers to install on.  The installation went fine on the first installation of MJ8, but the 2nd gave me the invalid license message.  The installations are nearly identical, both v8 running off of a v7 rrg license.

Options -
  • Delete the MJ8 registration key?  If so, can I get confirmation exactly what to delete so I don't bork
    everything.
  • Uninstall MJ8 completely, then reinstall trial version?
  • Restore license?  I don't really want to burn one of my limited restores just to get the thing running for the first time if I don't have to, but will if that's the answer.  (BTW- no restore button available in MJ when you're running a v7 license, so not sure my results will be any better if I download another MJR).

Just looking for some official JRiver direction here, so I don't spend a lot of time going down dead-ends or screw something up.  Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Invalid License error
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2002, 10:26:07 am »

The mjr file should work.  Just clicking on it should install the license.

Did you buy a v9 license?  Or a v8?

Only the last couple of builds of v8 will accept a v9 license.

Make sure you have the latest version of whatever you're running.

RedJ

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2002, 10:32:09 am »

I bought a MJ9 license and did dbl-click on it to do the attempted install.  When it didn't work I downloaded the last "official" upgrade of 8.  Unless only a beta version of 8 works, I think I've covered everything you've suggested already.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2002, 10:35:20 am »

RedJ

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2002, 11:15:19 am »

:D This version worked, thanks!  (That's what I get for not staying on the bleeding edge)
Pages: [1]   Go Up