INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote Control Works Great (But I don't understand how!)  (Read 981 times)

meep

• Junior Woodchuck
Remote Control Works Great (But I don't understand how!)
« on: December 18, 2005, 01:57:46 pm »

Hi

Been playing with Theater View mode this weekend and I like it a lot. Also, set up MC to respond to my receiver Remote in via IRMan.

This works great and I can naviagte Theater View mode almost perfectly. In addition I've set up TheaterTek and HoloGraph3D as external applications selectable from the Theater menu.

Now, an odd and surprising thing happens. In theaterTEk or H3D, my remote works great, calling up and navigating menus etc. When these apps are not called from MC, there are no remote responses.

While this is great, I fail to understand how it works. Anyone know what MC is up to? Passing through remote calls to the external applications?

Thanks

Peter

meep

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Remote Control Works Great (But I don't understand how!)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 05:19:54 pm »

Anyone want to take a stab at satiating my curiosity?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 05:21:58 pm »

While MC is running, some of the remote control commands pass-through as keyboard presses, so these commands will work with another program focused.

Cheers.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

meep

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 04:42:47 am »

Thanks Matt

That explains it. It's a neat feature. A couple of suggestions;

-It would be great to know which remote commands are passed on (so one could build a scheme around it)

-It would be REALLY helpful if, on the remote learning screen, there was a comment field beside each command. At present, when a command is 'learned', the command string is displayed. That's fine but I imagine coming back to that screnn after even a few days, it would be impossible to figure out which remote button you assigned to which function. A comment field for each function would allow me enter someting like "play button on receiver remote".

Keep up the good work. Liking MC more and more each day!

Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up