INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange things keep happening....  (Read 1073 times)

diana9sp

Strange things keep happening....
« on: December 18, 2005, 07:20:56 pm »

I'm using 11.0.316 on a trial basis.
The jury is still in deliberations, but there is some strange stuff going on.
When I rip a cd without encoding, lossless, I see the readout showing the same very high bit rate for all the tracks. I.E.-1250, 1440 etc..
These are for cd's that I've ripped a few times with other programs. And never saw a whole cd have the same bit rate all the way through.
Also, after I have closed MC, it has occasionally restarted again on it's own.
And when that has happened, if I try to shut down my pc, I get the 'ann error has occurred and MC needs to shut down-w/options to report or not.'
Also, is there a way to print the album info for a particular album, or same for the playlists?
Your product is better than the 'monkey', but I am somewhat disapointed overall.
Thanks,
Diana

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Strange things keep happening....
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 10:28:36 pm »

Welcome to MC and the forum! :)

I can't answer your first question as I rip to ape (exact copy of CD but uses less memory) and VBR mp3, but I suspect MC is set for constant bit rate.

To print, goto File>Print> choose Print Library or Print File List. You may have to put the list in playing now first.

The J River team will chime in by tomorrow...responses are pretty quick here.

As a user of MC for 3 plus years it's hard for me to understand how you could be dissapointed with MC. MC is the most sophisticated media program out there. There is a bit of a learning curve to get the most out of the program. The technical issue you are having will be addressed by the developement staff very quickly as you will see.

If you have other questions, please feel free to ask away, the MC community here is very knowledgable (more than me) and happy to help (although things can be a bit slow here on Sunday nights).

Again, welcome and happy holidays!

Jay.

Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Strange things keep happening....
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 11:38:22 pm »

I'm using 11.0.316 on a trial basis.
When I rip a cd without encoding, lossless, I see the readout showing the same very high bit rate for all the tracks. I.E.-1250, 1440 etc..

MC is showing the actual bitrate used. You've ripped to WAV, thus the high bitrate, but it's not always at the max. That's why
it varies.
These are for cd's that I've ripped a few times with other programs. And never saw a whole cd have the same bit rate all the way through. As modelmaker said, Ape is a better choice (because of disk space).

Also, after I have closed MC, it has occasionally restarted again on it's own.
And when that has happened, if I try to shut down my pc, I get the 'ann error has occurred and MC needs to shut down-w/options to report or not.'

Did you start Media Server mode by any chance?

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up