INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto expand gone...  (Read 854 times)

JaredH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Superfluously Articulate
Auto expand gone...
« on: December 22, 2005, 10:14:57 am »

With auto expand gone, will the double click to expand come back. I'd like to see the tree behave more like explorer in terms of clicking and double clicking on folders and such. I do use the expand/collapse buttons from time to time, however, double clicking would be much more intuitive with auto expand being gone now.

I'm a supporter of the classic explorer style and I hate having to adjust to three or four different styles of behaviour across programs.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Auto expand gone...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 11:10:30 am »

Auto-expand isn't gone.  There are just a few special items that don't expand by default.  You'll have to use the plus for these items.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 11:26:15 am »

in a related note, once the menus are expanded the way i want them is there a way to lock them?, when i switch view schemes or close the software the menus collapse and i have to re expand them every time.

I tried de-checking the auto collapse function but they still collapse anyway.

Thanks
TC

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 12:14:58 pm »

Auto-expand isn't gone. There are just a few special items that don't expand by default. You'll have to use the plus for these items.

I still feel that double clicking for view schemes should be set to expand rather than play all files in that view scheme. It just seems much more intuitive.Very rarely do I ever want to just play all songs in one view scheme.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 01:05:27 pm »

I still feel that double clicking for view schemes should be set to expand rather than play all files in that view scheme. It just seems much more intuitive.Very rarely do I ever want to just play all songs in one view scheme.
I've been wondering about dbl-clicking by accident in an empty PN and have to wait a minute as MC freezes while it loads up my entire library and starts playing.

Its a nice feature if you have a small library, but most ppl using MC have *LARGE* ones.

Is there still a need to have this feature ?

PN is a special area so you cant really do anything about this by overriding in the options
Pages: [1]   Go Up