INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error when almost done burning CD  (Read 919 times)

DaveJ_Chris

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Error when almost done burning CD
« on: September 26, 2002, 01:40:20 pm »

I've just started trying to burn cd's through MJ, and my first one went great. But my second one bombed, at the very end, when it was trying to close the last track. (Same tracks both times, btw).

The error was:
A device error occurred. Error number is 1053
Error data is: KEY: 3 ASC: 2 ASCQ: 0

The only difference between my two efforts, was the first time, I burned to a 74 minute cd, and the second time, it was an 80 minute cd. I have an older burner, but I don't think it's the burner.  :P

What would be causing this error?

Thanks,

Dave C

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Error when almost done burning CD
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2002, 01:41:58 pm »

Try leaving out a file or two.  It requires a little overhead.   Recent versions of MJ are better at this.

DaveJ_Chris

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2002, 01:56:54 pm »

I've got the latest 8x version, 8.0.372. So, that's strange. The other thing is, when I burned my 74 minute cd, I actually had less extra room on the cd, than when I burned the 80 minute one.

I'm just wondering if someone can share some insight before I waste any more cd's.

Dave C

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2002, 05:14:57 am »

I'm just wondering if someone can share some insight before I waste any more cd's.
Dave C

You can always try putting the device in test mode.  By doing this, nothing is written to the cd, it just goes through the motions.  This is a pretty reliable way to see if the burn is going to work.  If the test succeeds, turn off test mode and burn the cd.

To turn test mode on and off, go to MJ's tools->options->CD Writer settings.

Also, look here http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/cdburningtips.html for more tips.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2002, 10:51:22 am »

I haven't seen that error message before. In the SCSI error list, it translates to "No seek complete.". Try burning with a smaller list of files.
Here are some suggestions found on the internet for this error:

No seek complete / search process aborted
In many cases this error message only appears if the CD Writer can't handle the CD-Rs you are using.
Please use another make of CD-R. It is best to contact the vendor of the CD-burner and ask about recommended CD-Rs.
The error can occur if the CD-R is faulty. If the error only occurs with one CD-R, then this is probably the reason. This error can occur in particular when deleting a CD-R.
If you have an IDE CD Writer : One customer was able to solve the problem by activating the option DMA on his HP 9110.
An update of the WinASPI driver layer solved the problem in one case.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

DaveJ_Chris

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2002, 01:18:43 pm »

Thanks much!  ;D One thing that was said got me thinking. I went into the settings for the cd burner, and turned off the 'generic driver', and also disabled aspi, since I've got an IDE drive. Bingo, it worked this time.

So thanks a bunch.

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up