INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Gain on iPod? Soundcheck development?  (Read 1259 times)

ForsakenArdor

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I hate Jay Leno.
Album Gain on iPod? Soundcheck development?
« on: December 26, 2005, 11:31:05 pm »

While I know how to get album gain working in MC, can I get the album gain sent as the volume adjustment/soundcheck instead on iPod of the standard replay gain?  I'd prefer this for something like a live album to have all the songs from it play at the same volume.

Another thing I'm wondering about is the invisible soundcheck field.  Does MC send the same setting for replay gain as it does for soundcheck?  Like, if a song's replay gain or album gain is -15.44 db, would it be like this:
replay gain=-15.44 db/soundcheck=-15.44 db

How does the volume get increased for when soundcheck is turned off?  Does does -15.44 become like -3.44?  Couldn't the soundcheck be set to that too?

With soundcheck turned on, the volume ceiling is a lot lower with no songs getting louder at a 50% setting.  With soundcheck turned off, 50% is still the volume ceiling but it's much louder.  I kind of prefer the imperfect old way of upload volume adjustment which at least had a better volume range.

Dutch Peter

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Carpe Diem
Re: Album Gain on iPod? Soundcheck development?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 04:09:13 pm »

Maybe reading this thread http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30504.0 helps a little bit.

Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

ForsakenArdor

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I hate Jay Leno.
Re: Album Gain on iPod? Soundcheck development?
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 03:24:23 am »

Read it.  I'm just half spitballing, half wondering what's been going on with how this will change in the future.  I'll probably reduce upload adjustment for now.  It works okay, more or less.
Pages: [1]   Go Up