INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center PC + Composite Inputs + VCR to = full screen monitor preview only..  (Read 2282 times)

dimmer

Not working.  I can use the encosed software to "rip" the VHS tape to disk and then watch from disk, or burn to a DVD and watch from that if I really want to waste time --- but there has to be an easeier way? Help anyone? I know, it's probably dumb user error. I downloaded Media Center to see if it could help, but it doesn't see any of the PC's media in's other than the DVD and DVD-RW drives.

All and any help much appreciated.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird

I can use the encosed software to "rip" the VHS tape to disk and then watch from disk, or burn to a DVD and watch from that if I really want to waste time --- but there has to be an easeier way? Help anyone? I know, it's probably dumb user error. I downloaded Media Center to see if it could help, but it doesn't see any of the PC's media in's other than the DVD and DVD-RW drives.

All and any help much appreciated.

Do you mean that MC does not "see" the composite or S-Video input and directly pass through it to the display output?

As far as I know MC can do that if your input shows up as a TV device. I have an analog TV card. Besides the standard TV channels I have the Composite and S-Video channels available. What is you video input hardware?

... or do you mean something else?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

dimmer

Do you mean that MC does not "see" the composite or S-Video input and directly pass through it to the display output?
Yes, exactly that.

What is you video input hardware?
Conexant Falcon II NTSC Video Capture - came as standard with the HP Media Center PC m7160n.

(Sorry, couldn't figure out how to do quotes so just ran with italics. Thanks for the input.).

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird

Check the Drives & Devices part in the MC tree. Do you have a TV Tuner device visible? If MC has found your device the video inputs should be available when you select the TV Tuner. You may need to configure the device first. MC's Help has some general instructions for TV Tuners.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird

Sorry, couldn't figure out how to do quotes so just ran with italics.

This starts your reply with the quoted post:

With this one you can add a quote later after starting your reply:

This adds just the quote tags to any selected text:

Pages: [1]   Go Up