INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: xbox doesn't recognize disc burnt with media center, please help  (Read 753 times)

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
xbox doesn't recognize disc burnt with media center, please help
« on: December 27, 2005, 04:31:10 pm »

Background:

Playing the game Burnout 3 Takedown on the original xbox console. It is a racing game with a soundtrack of 40 nu-metal tunes, the game allows for custom soundtracks by inserting any audio music cd and copying the tracks to the xbox harddrive and then making a custom soundtrack for the game, choosen in the main menu.

What I did:

Went through all my albums in media center and found 20 of my favorite tunes and made a playlist of them. I then burnt the playlist to a normal audio cd which plays fine in alll my other equipment, like boom boxes, stereos and computers. I analyzed the tracks before i burnt them to normalize the volume for the whole disc.

Result:

When I insert the disc into the xbox and then go to music on the main menu to copy my tracks from the cd it states a message that the disc can't be recognized by xbox, please insert another disc.

Question:

What the heck is going on, how come it plays fine in all my other equipment but isn't recognized by the xbox?, could be because i analyzed the tracks first, i think i did that before with another disc and had some problems with that one as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TC  :)

TC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: xbox doesn't recognize disc burnt with media center, please help
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 04:57:27 pm »

The XBox may have a picky CD reader.  Try a different brand or color blank.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up