INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Clean File Properties' problem  (Read 1452 times)

David_1cog

'Clean File Properties' problem
« on: December 28, 2005, 07:54:31 am »

I keep various artist albums in folder '_Various'.  When I use 'Clean File Properties' on files contained within this folder, MC moves them to a new folder called ' Various'.  Can this behaviour be stopped?

dNj

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I might be a porcupine.
Re: 'Clean File Properties' problem
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 11:28:42 pm »

when you select to clean file properties, those checkboxes on the left hand side represent the actual file properties that will be cleaned.  So all you need to do is uncheck "Filename (path)"...or anything else you don't want cleaned. 

lukecro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • editorial, publishing
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 01:21:52 am »

when you select to clean file properties, those checkboxes on the left hand side represent the actual file properties that will be cleaned.  So all you need to do is uncheck "Filename (path)"...or anything else you don't want cleaned. 

That's a good tip. I started unchecking most of the clean options a while ago ... the added benefit being that this allows the cleaner to work much faster and the tags save faster. For instance, if you've just run a Clean on 1,000 files and you have Lyrics saved inside most of those files and your cleaner is turned on to fix the Lyrics tag, well, it's gonna take a little while. But if you just have the cleaner set to clean the track name, album, and artist, it's as speedy as can be and won't mess any tags up that you don't want messin' with.

David_1cog

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 04:22:06 am »

dNj, thanks for the answer. :)

lukecro, thanks for the extra tips. :)

David_1cog

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 04:38:01 am »

Spoke too soon. ;)

With 'Filename' + 'Filename (name)' selected, and 'Filename (Path)' unselected, MC is still renaming and moving to a new directory path with the leading '_' replaced by a ' '.

That's a bug?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 05:02:51 am »

Spoke too soon. ;)

With 'Filename' + 'Filename (name)' selected, and 'Filename (Path)' unselected, MC is still renaming and moving to a new directory path with the leading '_' replaced by a ' '.

That's a bug?

Nope.

"Filename" is the complete filename including the path (= the drive letter and folder structure).

"Filename (path)" includes only the path without the actual name.

"Filename (name)" is what you want to use. It doesn't include the path.

You may want to make these fields visible in Customize Current View before making mass changes. You would understand better how they work.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

David_1cog

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 08:27:19 am »

Thought I'd tried that combo as well - obviously not ... it works now.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up