INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod and MC 11  (Read 1232 times)

Maya

• Recent member
iPod and MC 11
« on: December 30, 2005, 04:53:13 am »

hi,

i'd really like to use mc11 with my newly purchased ipod photo as it seems to do all the things itunes does plus everything i miss in itunes. especially the feature to catalog my mp3-cd's/dvd's. however, it seems as though i can not put any files from cd/dvd-rom to the ipod. i've noticed that when copying a file to the ipod from harddisk it worked ok and the filename displayed in the ipod view is the drivename of the ipd plus a valid path (ipod_control\music\f12\xxxx.mp3) but when doing the same with a file located on a cd-rom the filename stays the same, i.e. cdvolumename\somefile.mp3.

so what i'd really like to have (and after this is possible i'll immediately by this software :D ) is to be able to copy files from a cd to the ipod. of course it should be possible to import the media first, tag it correctly in the library an than select it there and copy it to the ipod :D.

(maybe it is already possible to do it and i'm just too stupid to get it working, so please tell me so).

ps: copying the cd's/dvd's to harddisk first is NO option (if i would do that, i could stick to itunes)

thanx for your help

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: iPod and MC 11
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 08:16:29 am »

We'll take a look.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 12:39:24 pm »

Should be fixed with today's build of MC 11.1.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Maya

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 02:26:52 pm »

It works indeed. Excellent!

However, there seems to be a problem with the discnumber tag not getting sent to the ipod. I tagged the files in the library and after copying them to the ipod the discnumber is empty resulting in wrong sorting on the ipod. Any idea why this happens? Btw, it does not even work if I set the disc number afterwards on the ipod. The program shows the new discnumber but after disconnecting (ejecting, unplug the usb-cable) and reconnecting the ipod the disc# field is again empty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up