INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ATI HDTV Wonder issues  (Read 1969 times)

neilalp

ATI HDTV Wonder issues
« on: December 30, 2005, 11:11:15 am »

I bought the HDTV wonder card this past week and when I installed the drivers I then installed the aTI media center from online.  I was having trouble with that and read a post saying I should try this j. river media center.  I downloaded it and did a search for hd channels in my area came up with all the right ones I know are there, but when I went to watch the stations I couldn't get the feeds to work.  Most were 1080i feeds.  I was able to get a few SD stations to come up.  Do you know to get the HD stations to appear instead of being fuzzed out.  I know i get the stations as I have a sony LCD tv in the same room with an ATSC tuner which picks the stations up fine over the air.

Thanks so much.

Neil Alpert

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: ATI HDTV Wonder issues
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 09:20:29 am »

What video card do you have? CPU power? Problem like this is likely related to video card and video memory.

Also, try Options, Digital TV tab. Try different combination of Video Mixing Renderer options. Most likely you should check "Use YUV Mixing Mode". "Dynamic Decimation" should be used if your display memory is low.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

surge

• Recent member
Re: ATI HDTV Wonder issues
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 02:05:50 pm »

I had the same issues when I was installing the ATI HDTV Wonder card last week.  It turned out to be my video card.  ATI's published requirements for the video card are not as high as they actually need to be.  I was getting all the channels in both ATI's DTV software and in MC but the 1080i and 720p channels were just a black screen with great sound.  I had to upgrade the video card to 256MB (not 64mb like the specs say) to get the video to render.  But then the video and sound was skipping not being able to keep up.  THEN I had to swap around the cards in their PC slots so that the video card and the ATI HDTV card would not share their IRQ's with any other device.  Then it worked.  It is now working as of this weekend. 

I am currently still using the ATI DTV software, though it stinks ::), because it has the ability to record unattended.  But I would rather move over fully to MC, since let's face it - it's the best media software known to man.  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up