INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View: Close Application  (Read 1439 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Theater View: Close Application
« on: December 31, 2005, 01:40:01 am »

Hi,

Is there anyway I can close the Media Center application from Theater View? I wish there was a Exit button where I see a list of butons that say

Playing Now
Audio
Images
Video
Playlists
Exit

Currently, for playback purposes, I can use TheaterView just fine except when I have to quit it. That requires me to have to grab a mouse and I can not do that with my ATI remote control. Or else, I am able to use Theaterview for playback just fine with ATI remote control.

thanks much,
Osho

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
Re: Theater View: Close Application
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 04:31:02 am »

Take a look here.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30732.0

You can add buttons to the theatre view from the options
menu -> Theatre View

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 01:20:59 pm »

Many thanks Mr ChriZ. That indeed seems to be what I want. Except that for some reason, it does not work. I added a Program button named it Close. In the parameter field I put D:\winnt\system32\mc11.exe /Close. Now, the Close button appears in Theater View. However, when I choose that button, the theater view changes to the Standard View and then I again get the Theater View. For some reason, the application is not closing as I expected.

If I do D:\winnt\system32\mc11.exe /Close from the command line, then it works as expected i.e. the application is closed. But the menu in TheaterView does not seem to work. Any ideas?

thanks,
Osho

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 01:43:49 pm »

Many thanks Mr ChriZ. That indeed seems to be what I want. Except that for some reason, it does not work. I added a Program button named it Close. In the parameter field I put D:\winnt\system32\mc11.exe /Close. Now, the Close button appears in Theater View. However, when I choose that button, the theater view changes to the Standard View and then I again get the Theater View. For some reason, the application is not closing as I expected.

If I do D:\winnt\system32\mc11.exe /Close from the command line, then it works as expected i.e. the application is closed. But the menu in TheaterView does not seem to work. Any ideas?

thanks,
Osho

Actually, I think I found a bug. If I have Media Server running (i.e. the media server icon in the system tray visible) then only the Close button in theater view does not work. If the Media Server is stopped (i.e. there is no icon in the system tray) then Close button works. This is with 11.1.90 version of MC.

The funny thing is that when Media Server is stopped (i.e. there is no icon in the system tray) then the Library Server shows that it is running!

I am utterly confused about what is the difference between "Library Server" and "Media Server".  Could someone enlighten me? I have seen all four combinations below:

1. Library Server log shows that it is not running (and there is a Start Server button on Library Server page). But, the media server icon is present in the system tray.
2. Library Server log shows that it is running (and there is a Stop Server button on Library Server page). And, the media server icon is present in the system tray.
3. Library Server log shows that it is running (and there is a Stop Server button on Library Server page). And, the media server icon is not present in the system tray.
4. Library Server log shows that it is not running (and there is a Start Server button on Library Server page). And, there is no media server icon present in the system tray.

#1 and #3 seems to be inconsistent if "Library Server" and "Media Server" are supposed to be the same.

Anyone please enlighten the confused me.
thanks,
Osho

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 07:34:00 am »

Media Center Registered 11.1.186 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1197 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 214 MB
Hi,

I am having this issue again with the latest Media Center 11.1.186. The Close button does not work in theaterview as configured in the messages above. Here is the detailed system info:

=========================================
Media Center Registered 11.1.186 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1197 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 214 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-104    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /
=======================================

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Osho
Pages: [1]   Go Up