INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Burning DAO error happens again  (Read 885 times)

jimc

• Recent member
CD Burning DAO error happens again
« on: September 24, 2002, 04:40:26 pm »

Hi.. yesterday evening I posted a problem about not getting track info when burning a CD, and I thought I had solved it by downloading and installing the latest ASPI drivers... this also seemed to solve the error message I had been getting when I had been trying to burn a CD using the ASPI selection, rather than the "generic" driver option.  I burned one CD completely successfully on my HP9500i drive at a 10x setting... but then when I tried to burn a second CD, I got the "Error: Start DAO recording command failed.... Unable to set recording speed"... I've tried rebooting several times, checking that I still had the 4.71 ASPI drivers operating, etc., but I am still getting the error...everything worked once... I didn't change any settings or do anything to my system (that I know of)... any suggestions? (I'm running the 8.0.375 version of MJ on a Windows 2000, 1GHz dual-processor Pentium III.)  Again, what did I do right with the previous CD???
TIA... JIM     ? ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: CD Burning DAO error happens again
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2002, 06:29:11 am »

Check the Windows settings for the drive.  DMA gets switched to PIO mysteriously sometimes.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2002, 12:46:23 pm »

Try different write speed settings (start with 2X) in test mode and see if one of them works. Are you using the same media you used the first time?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

jimc

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2002, 07:52:56 pm »

Thanks for the replies, but I'm still not able to burn CD's with anything except the generic driver... which, of course, does not transfer the track title information....I'm using the exact same blank brand of blank disks (from the same package) that I used when I had the one-time success.... I've tried starting at 1x, 2x, 4x, etc., but never any success with the non-generic driver... Again, I do have the latest ASPI drivers ... Jim H, I'm not sure where I need to look to check the settings you refer to .. The device manager for the CD-RW drive doesn't show the DMA/PIO choice... I know I've seen reference to those things somewhere, but I can't seem to find them again in my system... it's really frustrating as it worked so nicely that one time...giving me the track titles and everything..

Pages: [1]   Go Up