INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Storing Lyrics  (Read 925 times)

bbogart

• Recent member
Storing Lyrics
« on: January 06, 2006, 02:31:19 pm »

Hello,

I am trying to store lyrics in the my file tags but I am having a problem.  The lyrics field is a string field and will not accept carrige returns which results in only the first line of the lyrics being stored. I would like to just cut and paste the lyrics from the files I already have so I'm trying to avoid having to strip the new line characters.  Besides... The formatting makes more sense with them.

It seems though, that you cannot change the field type because the lyrics field is not user created.  Is this field not actually for lyrics, but maybe intended to point to a file containing the lyrics?  Or something like that?

I realize that I can just create another tag, say "Song Lyrics" and put the lyrics there but I thought it would make more sense to use the lyrics tag.

Any idease how I can change the tag type for a tag that is not user created?  Or some other way of storing the lyrics?

Thank you,
Ben
Ben

bbogart

• Recent member
Re: Storing Lyrics
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 02:36:38 pm »

---nevermind.  When I click to edit the lyrics tag by clicking the lyrics column it behaves as explained above, but if I slect lyrics from the Tag Info Dialog it opens a nice big window that will accept new line characters.

Shouldn't it work that same way from both places though?

Anyway, nevermind.... problem solved.
Ben
Ben

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Storing Lyrics
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 02:55:32 pm »

Shouldn't it work that same way from both places though?

One Would Think.

This Was Brought Up Before

To Enhance the Users Experience And Easy Access To "Notes", "Lyrics", "Bios" etc.... From The Listing Would Be Nice.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up