INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rpalmer: MC 11.1 Theater View Focus  (Read 1171 times)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
rpalmer: MC 11.1 Theater View Focus
« on: January 08, 2006, 09:51:08 pm »

This may be unrelated to the MC builds, but recenty I have noticed that MC is not keeping focus when coming out of the windows screen saver.

I run MC11.1.095 in theater mode only and have the screen saver in windows enabled to stop burn-in on my plasma.

To get out of the screen saver, I press one of the arrow keys on my remote (triggers Girder event  that sends MC11.EXE command), the screen saver closes, but sometimes the cursor has gone from the theater view and I have to toggle the view to get the focus back to theater view.  Just pressing arrows does nothing until MC gets focus back.

This doesn't happen every time, and as yet I haven't seen a pattern as to when it does.

As I said this may not be a MC issue, but it hasn't happened on my system until the last couple of weeks and the only thing I have changed recently is the MC 11.1 builds.

Regards
Richard

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: rpalmer: MC 11.1 Theater View Focus
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 02:40:22 pm »

Enable the "Always keep focus" option in Options > Theater View.  I think it's on by default.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 01:38:36 am »

Enable the "Always keep focus" option in Options > Theater View.  I think it's on by default.

I just bumped into a realted problem.
I have a dual monitor setup. Windows stuff is on a small monitor and MC 11.1.98 Full Screen and Theater View are on the large screen LCD TV.
I just started using the Theater View and noticed that whenever I am in Theater View on large LCD and press the Windows key on the keyboard (to open the START menue, say, to shut down the PC, this START menu closes up immediatly - I guess the Theater View inercepts the focus. When I disable the Always Keep Focus everything goes back to normal.
Is this a normal behavior - I would like to be able to keep MC in focus but at least at the same time to be able to shut down with "Windows"-"u"-"u" sequence..
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
max

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 07:20:35 pm »

This may be unrelated to the MC builds, but recenty I have noticed that MC is not keeping focus when coming out of the windows screen saver.

This is also a problem for me. The last few builds havn't helped. It only happens sometimes. TV is set to be always in focus and I don't run any other software or plugins.

Any ideas?
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation
Pages: [1]   Go Up