INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod problem,mc11  (Read 1761 times)

denweller

• Recent member
iPod problem,mc11
« on: December 30, 2005, 03:59:31 pm »

I am unable to download music from mc11 to my iPod even though MC11 is seeing it and can read the iPod files. This worked until, at the suggestion of others in this forum, I made some changes to try to make it possible to write iPod playlists in MC11. Every time since then _ even after I deselected the delected files from handheld option _ the music goes into never-never land. And all the music on my iPod 30 gig appears to be gone. I am able to recover it by using Anapod's recover facility. But at this point I am pretty much unable to use MC11 with the iPod. And that's a big problem for me because it is a vastly superior way to move large amounts of music for those who want to do it manually. Any ideas would be appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: iPod problem,mc11 wiping out files
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 04:23:59 pm »

Are you using 11.1.90, the latest build?

Try syncing a small playlist as a test.

You may need to start over.  When MC writes, it modifies the itunesdb file on the iPod and that file may not include anything that was on the iPod to begin with.

If you were posting in another thread, please continue there. 

denweller

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 05:56:49 pm »

my previous thread was on how to synch playlists. that turned out to be a disaster. now i am trying to get the program back to where it was because it had been working well to transfer hundreds of albums (i did it by genre, saving a lot of time). what is happening now, apparently, is that mc does send the music over but it is incomplete and it also deletes the first letter of each file already there (that is a guess based on the fact that anapod is able to see them and restore them). is there a tech support number to call? i have spent several hundred dollars on mutiple copies and mutiple versions and could wait until i talk with someone who can talk me through it if necessary.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 06:46:53 pm »

This is tech support.  It's also a week when JRiver is off.

Your files aren't getting wiped out.  It's the itunesdb file that is the problem.  You should probably initialize the iPod and start over.

But you haven't said what version you're using.

denweller

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 10:53:11 pm »

as far as i can tell it is 11.1.65. this morning the program said there was an update available and downloaded it. i am not exactly sure how one would choose a later version, as has been suggested. i am surprised that the version offered in the auto update wasn't the latest. or am i misunderstanding. i am loathe to reinitialize and wipe out 400 albums. do you think that would definitely work?

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 03:24:04 pm »

The latest is 11.1.90 and can be found here.
This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111090.exe

Manually delete the itunesdb file from your ipod using windows explorer.

Make sure the anapod service isn't running in your system tray.

Then install this latest version of MC.
Start it up and initialize the ipod through the MC interface.
Then sychronize.

denweller

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 04:27:49 am »

will this wipe out all the music on my iPod? is there a number i can call where someone can walk me through this? i love media center, have bought several upgrades for several machines. but if i can avoid having to reload all the music on my iPod that would be my preference. Please advise.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 08:19:41 am »

This is support.  Please read this thread
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=29623.0

and start a new thread that describes your current problem in detail.  Please download and install the most recent build of MC11.1 before posting.  You can find it on the MC11 board here.

Pages: [1]   Go Up