INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.97 Release Candidate  (Read 2154 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.97 Release Candidate
« on: January 11, 2006, 05:17:27 pm »

This is a pre-release version of MC 11.1.  It will work with the same MC11 license that 11.0 uses.  Please post only bugs here.  Anything requiring discussion should go in a new thread.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

The public release version of Media Center 11.0 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html (recommended for new users)

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111097.exe

11.1.97 (01/10/06)

1. Changed: Tuned the display bar hide timing to be less aggressive.
2. Changed: Added a "Restore" button to the full screen toolbar to be more consistent with a regular window header.
3. Changed: Trimmed the height of the library view header bar.
4. Fixed: The averaged album year listed for an album with multiple track years was displaying decimal values.
5. Fixed: List controls weren't redrawing correctly when another list control was scrolled.
6. Changed: Multiple ~d terms now honor all terms instead of ignoring later terms.
7. Fixed: Turning on Access Control would allow removable (and other) entries to appear when not expected.
8. Fixed: In search expressions, escaped parenthesis characters were not working.
9. Fixed: ~a would not work properly with access control.
10. Fixed: About dialog had incorrect version and copyright dates.
11. New: Real Audio files will play in MC's native playback engine if needed DirectShow filters are present.
12. Changed: Rearranged loading priority of some DirectShow filters for m4a playback.
13. Changed: When internet is not available and MC tries to load a web page, an informative default web page is shown.
14. Fixed: When multiple views are selected (under View->Split View), each view's menu will not affect the other view.
15. Fixed: Ranges (like 80-89) would put the 0 value under (Others), instead of 00-09.
16. Fixed: Single digit ranges (like 0-9) would match too many values when used in a view scheme.

11.1.96 (01/09/06)

1. Fixed: Inaccurate bitrate of m4a files was used during importing.
2. Fixed: Podcast feed retry count was not reset after changing the URL.
3. Fixed: Older iPods could cause a crash when being connected to Media Center.
4. Changed: When emailing images from a fullscreen slideshow, MC first exits fullscreen so it doesn't cover the email program.
5. Changed: When emailing from MC with some email clients (Outlook, etc.), MC would remain locked until the email was sent.
6. Fixed: Some calculated fields could be overly slow when dealing with CD database files.
7. Changed: Library views save the last viewed mode per scheme. (but won't save "Albums" when switching to "Artists" and then going into an artist's albums)
8. Fixed: Grouping of year and day fields in view schemes would not work properly.
9. Fixed: Album expansion from a smartlist would not work.
10. Fixed: Mini View was not formatting durations properly in the track list control.
11. Fixed: On a fresh install (or upgrade from MC 10), picking "Rip" without first selecting an encoder would cause an error to appear.
12. Fixed: After installing an input plugin, the file types list on the import dialog wouldn't update until MC was restarted.
13. Changed: MC wouldn't allow the same track to be placed in the burn list multiple times.
14. Fixed: The handheld action bin wouldn't update properly when erasing files from the handheld.
15. Changed: When updating handheld options for sync / manual mode, the action window will update for the current transfer if it's open.
16. Fixed: When pausing a slideshow and then switching images, MC wouldn't maintain the paused state.
17. Fixed: After formatting an iPod from inside of MC, the free space would not get updated.
18. Fixed: Importing of aac (and other DirectShow formats) files ignored sample rate and number of channels.
19. Fixed: Trying to hide a plugin that had not been activated would fail.
20. Fixed: Submitting a CD to YADB with missing genre would fail.

11.1.95 (01/06/06)

1. Fixed: The "Removable" DB field would not show a "1" for removable files.
2. Fixed: The drop menus for library view switching wouldn't appear in the correct location when MC was maximized.
3. Changed: Somewhat revised the library view header bar.
4. Fixed: When ripping a CD not found in YADB, MC asks if you want to rip with unkown info. If you selected 'No', CD was ejected giving no chance to fix tags manually.
5. Fixed: Bitrate of m4a files were not displayed during playback.
6. Fixed: Podcasts were not sorted by name in the tree control.
7. Fixed: The Podcast 'composer' renaming rule was not stored in Podcast.xml.

11.1.94 (01/05/06)

1. Changed: Primary Podcast header now contains an introduction to Podcasting in MC.
2. Changed: Buttons were added to all podcast headers, improving access to functions present in the tree control.
3. Fixed: Number-type fields could display integers without trailing 0's. (could also affect date displays)
4. Changed: All calculated fields operate as expressions. (mostly internal change, but will also help performance in some areas)
5. Optimized: Calculated / expression fields can now get cached by the sorting engine, helping speed when using these fields.
6. Fixed: Escaping a closing parenthesis in an expression would not always work as expected.
7. Fixed: "Customize Current View" for a list below grouping tiles would show "Tiles" as the list mode instead of the correct list mode.
8. Fixed: When ripping CD's, [Track #] field not handled correctly for file naming.
9. Fixed: If auto-rip was enabled and eject-cd was disabled for CD burning, rip would commence as soon as burn was complete.
10. Changed: Library view drop-menus auto pop and hide to reduce the number of clicks necessary to make a switch.
11. Changed: Media Center defaults to a maximized state on a fresh install.
12. Fixed: YADB Lookup cancel was not cancelling quickly.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
Configurable locations for all media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
Re: Media Center 11.1.97 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 06:09:17 pm »

If in Theatre view watching a video,
Hovering the mouse over the video
gives you a bottom bar.
On the bottom bar is a button entitled
"Full Screen View"
Clicking on this takes you not to Full Screen
but to the "Standard View"

Equally from Fullscreen view, we now appear to
have two buttons that do the same thing
"Return to Program"
and
"Exit Current View"

I tried going into Theatre view before hand
but still they both took me to "Standard View"

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 06:42:15 pm »

If Ipod is docked first, then you start MC...
MC immediately syncs info from portable.
This is without initiating anything.
I should have to click on handheld player in the action window or the tree before a sync starts.
I have the "auto-sync on connect" option unchecked in the portable options.
I've noticed this since build 96.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "show files at bottom" option is not being remembered by viewschemes.
I'd like the files shown at bottom in audio schemes but not in video schemes.
Is this a bug or by design?  Any plans to make it remember the last setting on a view scheme basis?

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 07:02:21 pm »

confirmed handheld transfer problem again with 97.  you can look at my old posts, but i'll try to summarize it here:

my mp3 player (zen xtra, fw 2.10.03) is set to automatically sync when connected to a number  of smartlists i have set up.  all the files transfer over just fine, but my player only lists the files that were converted to mp3 format (from vorbis) in the custom playlists transferred over by mc.  so.... that means a playlist like favorites (about 600 strong in MC) only has like 12 songs in it, and those are all converted when transferred to mp3.

this bug started popping up around 95 or 94 can't quite remember.
http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous

JONCAT

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 08:39:41 pm »

Search function bug still present:

Rastaman Vibration (JA Mix & B-sides)

If I search for

ja mix

it works, but

b-sides, B-sides, or "b-sides"

no cigar.

Dr. C

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 03:00:53 am »

Search function bug still present:

Rastaman Vibration (JA Mix & B-sides)

If I search for

ja mix

it works, but

b-sides, B-sides, or "b-sides"

no cigar.

Dr. C

I click on the audio tree node, it loads in panes view.
I type artists into the search bar, I get all my (multiple artists) albums listed, plus a Talking Heads track named Artists Only.
It does not list "Well, the Recording Test...By My Artists [Reading] - Brian Epstein" from the anthology 1 album.
If I add closing parenthesis ) to the search string, the afore-mentioned Beatles track gets listed, along with a load of album art images that should not be there, and a document file that also, should not be there.
If I clear the search bar, then type in an opening square bracket, MC lists the entire library (all media). The different media types are not searchable, but they are loaded in the panes and are selectable.

I added a view scheme to the tree root, and set it up so that it mirrors the audio node.
The behaviour in this node is slightly different to that of the default audio node.
typing an opening square bracket clears the file list, no results.
typing artists into the search bar correctly displays that beatles track.

Similarly, typing reading into the default audio view search bar produces no results, but when typed into my cloned audio view, two similarly named tracks from the anthology album are listed...
I Secured Them...A Beatle Drink Even Then [Reading] - Brian Epstein
Well, the Recording Test...By My Artists [Reading] - Brian Epstein

========================
calendar preset viewscheme
load the preset "calendar" viewscheme. browse into years. 2005 is listed first, and this feels 'right'
now load up the view for the months of 2005. they display from December to January, which feels a bit wierd to me.
I'd be a lot more comfortable with January to December, wouldn't you?
There are only ever going to be a maximum of twelve tiles in this view, and my eyes and mouse went straight to the last tile expecting it to be december, only to find it was away at the top where january should have been :) It must be one of those visual things, because the theory, newest first, makes sense, it just doesn't feel right.

============

Persistant selection causes problems.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30241.0

what's the official line on this one? I'm not sure how others feel, but it feels uncomfortable to me and constantly interupts my workflow requiring me to scroll away down to the bottom of the list to find that blank bit to click in to get to the "none selected" state.

============

Please, can we get an "apply" button on the "edit viewscheme" options like there is on the customise current view options?

============

Navigation ~ Favourites ~ maybe this time around?:

Discussion?

============

Status bar irritations.
I often rate a song that's playing while I'm working with MC, or perhaps i'll correct a tagging error I've spotted on the currently playing track. The problem then is that the status bar hangs on "saving tags.. 1 remaining" and then on "done saving tag changes"
This means the usual information in the status bar is not visible. Is there any way that the tag saving status can be seperated, perhaps placing it in the far right of the status bar, allowing the usual status info to always be displayed?
If it's do-able, it would be a most welcome update at this end.

=====

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 09:43:47 am »

What happened to the library browser?  Am I missing something?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 10:58:09 am »

What happened to the library browser?  Am I missing something?
yup, you must have blinked at the wrong moment...
see:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30574.0
Merged Media Library and Library Browser

and:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30641.0
Merged Media Library and Library Browser PART II
Pages: [1]   Go Up