INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11.1.99 problem with tagging  (Read 1071 times)

edbro

• Citizen of the Universe
MC11.1.99 problem with tagging
« on: January 13, 2006, 06:29:16 pm »

I used ver 11.1.99 three times now and three times it has shut down on me. I uninstalled previous version to get rid of the automatic install option and then reinstalled this version. So, I had to go through and reset all my options. After selecting all options and hitting OK, MC immediately exited.

Next time I opened it I tried to tag some shorten files (with the shn plugin installed). After every change I get an error message saying "MC encountered errors tagging..." even though the files seem to get tagged. In the middle of doing some of these, MC exits.

I fire MC up again, load some more shn files, clicked in the Playing Now files pane and MC exits. I'm 3 for 3 and not impressed.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC11.1.99 problem
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 06:38:49 pm »

Can you try using it without the shn file tagging?  Just to see if that's where the problem is.

It's possible that there is a tagging problem.

edbro

Re: MC11.1.99 problem
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 06:47:36 pm »

That's what I did first. I installed the shn plugin after I got the error msgs on each tag change. I didn't notice any difference after the plugin. MC still gave error msgs on each change and I experienced my last shutdown after the plugin install.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC11.1.99 problem with tagging
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 09:55:38 pm »

The shn plugin is a third party plugin, so JRiver can't control crashes.  Perhaps the author can chime in.

APE and WMA lossless are built into MC and should work without a hitch.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up