INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.98 Release Candidate  (Read 3130 times)

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Media Center 11.1.98 Release Candidate
« on: January 12, 2006, 04:26:04 pm »

This is a pre-release version of MC 11.1.  It will work with the same MC11 license that 11.0 uses.  Please post only bugs here.  Anything requiring discussion should go in a new thread.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

The public release version of Media Center 11.0 is available here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html (recommended for new users)

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111098.exe

11.1.98 (01/12/06)

1. NEW: Added iPod photo support.

11.1.97 (01/11/06)

1. Changed: Tuned the display bar hide timing to be less aggressive.
2. Changed: Added a "Restore" button to the full screen toolbar to be more consistent with a regular window header.
3. Changed: Trimmed the height of the library view header bar.
4. Fixed: The averaged album year listed for an album with multiple track years was displaying decimal values.
5. Fixed: List controls weren't redrawing correctly when another list control was scrolled.
6. Changed: Multiple ~d terms now honor all terms instead of ignoring later terms.
7. Fixed: Turning on Access Control would allow removable (and other) entries to appear when not expected.
8. Fixed: In search expressions, escaped parenthesis characters were not working.
9. Fixed: ~a would not work properly with access control.
10. Fixed: About dialog had incorrect version and copyright dates.
11. New: Real Audio files will play in MC's native playback engine if needed DirectShow filters are present.
12. Changed: Rearranged loading priority of some DirectShow filters for m4a playback.
13. Changed: When internet is not available and MC tries to load a web page, an informative default web page is shown.
14. Fixed: When multiple views are selected (under View->Split View), each view's menu will not affect the other view.
15. Fixed: Ranges (like 80-89) would put the 0 value under (Others), instead of 00-09.
16. Fixed: Single digit ranges (like 0-9) would match too many values when used in a view scheme.

11.1.96 (01/09/06)

1. Fixed: Inaccurate bitrate of m4a files was used during importing.
2. Fixed: Podcast feed retry count was not reset after changing the URL.
3. Fixed: Older iPods could cause a crash when being connected to Media Center.
4. Changed: When emailing images from a fullscreen slideshow, MC first exits fullscreen so it doesn't cover the email program.
5. Changed: When emailing from MC with some email clients (Outlook, etc.), MC would remain locked until the email was sent.
6. Fixed: Some calculated fields could be overly slow when dealing with CD database files.
7. Changed: Library views save the last viewed mode per scheme. (but won't save "Albums" when switching to "Artists" and then going into an artist's albums)
8. Fixed: Grouping of year and day fields in view schemes would not work properly.
9. Fixed: Album expansion from a smartlist would not work.
10. Fixed: Mini View was not formatting durations properly in the track list control.
11. Fixed: On a fresh install (or upgrade from MC 10), picking "Rip" without first selecting an encoder would cause an error to appear.
12. Fixed: After installing an input plugin, the file types list on the import dialog wouldn't update until MC was restarted.
13. Changed: MC wouldn't allow the same track to be placed in the burn list multiple times.
14. Fixed: The handheld action bin wouldn't update properly when erasing files from the handheld.
15. Changed: When updating handheld options for sync / manual mode, the action window will update for the current transfer if it's open.
16. Fixed: When pausing a slideshow and then switching images, MC wouldn't maintain the paused state.
17. Fixed: After formatting an iPod from inside of MC, the free space would not get updated.
18. Fixed: Importing of aac (and other DirectShow formats) files ignored sample rate and number of channels.
19. Fixed: Trying to hide a plugin that had not been activated would fail.
20. Fixed: Submitting a CD to YADB with missing genre would fail.

11.1.95 (01/06/06)

1. Fixed: The "Removable" DB field would not show a "1" for removable files.
2. Fixed: The drop menus for library view switching wouldn't appear in the correct location when MC was maximized.
3. Changed: Somewhat revised the library view header bar.
4. Fixed: When ripping a CD not found in YADB, MC asks if you want to rip with unkown info. If you selected 'No', CD was ejected giving no chance to fix tags manually.
5. Fixed: Bitrate of m4a files were not displayed during playback.
6. Fixed: Podcasts were not sorted by name in the tree control.
7. Fixed: The Podcast 'composer' renaming rule was not stored in Podcast.xml.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
Configurable locations for all media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 11.1.98 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 06:15:33 pm »

Please use this thread for discussion of iPod and the new MC 11.1 capability for photo transfer:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31280.0

escaflo

• Galactic Citizen
  • And the answer is.... 42!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 04:47:51 am »

Burning problem with 11.1.97

I've been trying to burn some audio cds since 11.1.96 and all I've been getting are burning errors resulting in me gaining a couple more coasters than I like. Whenever I am in the burning view (as in view the list of songs that are to be burn), I've found out that Media Center is very sluggish. And when I begin the process to burn, Media Center would burn through track 1 fine, but when it reaches track 2 at around 67%, it would just hang and after a while, it will generate a burning error.

I've try it with both CD-text writing disable and enable. The writing mode is set to decode to cd directly. I've no idea when this issue crept in but I've burnt with Media Center before (11.1.x) and have encountered no problems. I've also tried with Nero and it burns without any problem.

Below are my system information:

Media Center Registered 11.1.97 -- G:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 1508 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 639 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive I: BENQ    DVD DD DW1640     Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive J:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive I: BENQ     DVD DD DW1640      Addr: 0:2:0  Speed:17  MaxSpeed:17  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /

I would think that my rom max speed is higher than 17?
Don't Panic!

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 08:48:21 am »

Burning problem with 11.1.97 ...
Just to help with debugging, please try a burn with "direct decode" turned off and speed set to 4X.
Also, create a log file using Help/Configure debug logging.  Enable the "CD" events only and then try a failed burn (enable test mode to prevent creating a coaster). Then zip up and email me the log file. Thanks!

johnt @ jriver.com
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 10:02:21 am »

Tried 3 times today to hide the MoveFolderJPG plugin in the plugin manager screen.  MC locked up each time.
Uninstalling it worked.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Ipod is docked first, then you start MC...
MC immediately syncs info from portable.
This is without initiating anything.
I should have to click on handheld player in the action window or the tree before a sync starts.
I have the "auto-sync on connect" option unchecked in the portable options.
I've noticed this since build 96.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "show files at bottom" option is not being remembered by viewschemes.
I'd like the files shown at bottom in audio schemes but not in video schemes.
Is this a bug or by design?  Any plans to make it remember the last setting on a view scheme basis?

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 12:21:36 pm »

Please use this thread for discussion of iPod and the new MC 11.1 capability for photo transfer:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31280.0

Since that's apparently no longer available, i'll post here...

Well, I finally just got my new iPod video here in Mexico.  I charged it fully and saw that this new version had only one change - iPod photo support!!

Well, that must be a good sign I thought.  I downloaded and installed, then I proceeded to build a few smartlists for photos, and synched.  MC told me I had to initialize first, which I did.  I do NOT have iTunes installed.

After the initialization, I picked my playlists, both music and photos, and started to synch.  It took about 4 hours to synch it all, including about 32,000 pictures and 5,500 music files.  Most if not all of the pictures are .jpg and the music is .m4a.

When it got done, I checked the iPod and found that all the music playlists are fine.  However for pictures, there are no playlists.  Just the option to view the 32,000 pictures in no particular order.  I could live with this for a while if not for the following.  The pictures are ALL shifted to the right about 50%.  What I mean by that is that the left edge of the  photo is about in the middle of the screen and wraps around the screen to show the right side of the photo on the left of the screen.  On top of that, they are all shifted up about 10 pixles or so, meaning the top of the photo (I actually think it is the top of the next photo, but I'm not sure) is showing across the bottom of the screen.  This makes photos completely useless for me.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Is there any expectation of photo playlist support coming?

Thanks.
pretend this is something funny

micahmj11

• Junior Woodchuck
  • This is war peacock. Casualties are inevitable.
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 12:26:32 pm »

Some of the threads have been moved around and consolidated.  The correct url refernced above is now:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31290.0

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 12:34:07 pm »

Some of the threads have been moved around and consolidated.  The correct url refernced above is now:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31290.0

Thanks, I just posted there as well.  I'm assuming Jim will remove all these soon, but hopefully someone can help in the other thread, as it seems to be a bug.

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 02:58:47 pm »

The past few builds I've noticed this:

If you have an artist view open etc, where there are thumbnails visible, and you hover over the thumbnails, they cycle through all the thumbnails for that item (ie. each album for the artist etc.).

The way it cycles is weird though.

It shows thumb1, then thumb2, then thumb1, thumb2, then thumb3, then back to thumb1, thumb2, thumb3, then thumb 4 etc etc.

Is this by design or what?

It's not a big bug or anything, merely cosmetic, but it sure BUGS me! 8-)
Cheers
Rob

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 03:35:58 pm »

I agree about the album thumbs.  i would much prefer if they cycled from the first through the last, and their order was randomly generated each time the view was entered.

scthom

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 04:01:59 pm »

For at least 11.1.95 and later, in Tools->Plug-In Manager, the Input plugins do not show the file types in the information window.

dpippel

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 04:30:41 pm »

Podcast sorting is broken. Even if I Customize Current View to sort by "Date" descending and save the view, MC reverts to an apparently unsorted list next time I view that Podcast's feed directory. MC v11.1.98

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2006, 04:38:46 pm »

It shows thumb1, then thumb2, then thumb1, thumb2, then thumb3, then back to thumb1, thumb2, thumb3, then thumb 4 etc etc.

This happens only when all thumbnails are not built yet. It starts the cycle over after building a new thumbnail. After all thumbnails are made it shows them in alphabetical album order.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up