INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restart Loop Issues Fixed Yet?  (Read 921 times)

phlow

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Restart Loop Issues Fixed Yet?
« on: January 13, 2006, 11:19:58 pm »

i am a long time registered user of Media Center and have always loved the product and it has always worked pretty flawlessly with my 1G 10GB Ipod and now my 3G 20GB Ipod.  I've been "kickin' it old school" with build 9.1.299 for several years under the "if it aint broke, don't fix it" doctrine. 

2 weeks ago i fell somehow into the restart loop of death symptom described in http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30184.0.

I've gotten very proficient at diagnostic mode, restarting, and restoring  my pod .  i am able to reload songs, but only using ITunes.  everytime i synch with MC, everything looks fine, until i eject the pod, then it's apple loop soup.

2 questions:
1) can anyone tell me definitively that this has been solved in 11 and if so, which build is rock solid with a 3G pod?  i want to upgrade but not if it doesnt get me out of my problem.
2) my system worked fine for 2 years with the exact same build etc of MC.  to my knowledge , I didn't change anything other than windows updates / zonealarm updates.  could somehow one of the windows XP updates caused the poor eject performance with MC?

if anyone can give me a pretty solid thumbs up on a certain build of 11, i will probably upgrade, but  until then i am stuck with ITunes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up