INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Congratulations, Library Setup Question AND How MC saved my marriage! :~)  (Read 1804 times)

VOLFAN

• Recent member

Hello everyone! 

Ok, "saved my marriage" part might have been just a tad over-the-top but MC's TiVo plugin has removed A LOT of frustration in our house.  Please read on...

I've been a lurker for quite sometime now.  I'm a fairly new owner of MC and I am very happy - to say the least! With a library of over 30k tracks / photo's, etc. MC handles it with ease.  Great work guys and gals!

A little background...
I first installed MC on a laptop that I utilize as my daily work and play computer. I also have a desktop system on my wired / wireless home network that actually stores my audio / video & photos files.  It also stores and feeds my TiVo.

My question is what is the best way to manage my library and keep both libraries (laptop / desktop) in sync and up to date?  The library server option? 

Maybe a better way to explain it - I would like to use my laptop most of the time to manage tags, files, photo's etc. but utilize my desktop and attached ext. hdd's to archive my media files. 

Saved My Marriage Part...
I have a TiVo on the network that stores and pulls media files. The TiVo plugin saved my marriage!  Please let me explain...

As a (disgruntled) Buffalo Linktheater owner it was a pleasure when I finally had MC up and running across the TiVo network and all played without a hitch.  The wife thanks you too! 

Just a little rant...
We are extremely happy now that we can listen to our music without the annoying static problem that has plagued the Linktheater unit's from day one.  THANK YOU! 

You would think after 6 different FW upgrades and ten months, Buffalo would provide a fix ?  Not even close! And it appears they have moved on to other projects, totally abandoning and ignoring the original owners.   Basically several hundred if not thousands of customers have a $350 DVD player that can't play commercial discs without stutters, skips and MP3's without static!  Live and learn! 

A Happy Ending...
Anyway, I am happy to announce MC and the TiVo plugin saved our marriage and sanity.  Ok, maybe just the sanity part. We've been happily married for over 11 years.  ;D

As the old saying goes "if you have a good experience you'll tell ten people and if you have a bad one you'll tell everyone you meet."  Well, I promise you one thing - I'll go the extreme and tell strangers on the street how horrible the Linktheater and Buffalo are and how incredibly useful, affordable and awesome MC is!

In my business, I have always considered it a huge compliment when a customer tells me we offer the best value over the competition.  So if you are reviewing this software for the first time I am here to tell you - you WILL NOT FIND A MORE ROBUST OR BETTER VALUE PERIOD!  Just go ahead a buy it!

Thanks again and please keep up the great work! 

Jim
<>< 

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe

Re:  How MC saved my marriage

I think this is just one more example of how MC enriches our lives.  For you, MC saved your marriage.  For me, MC guided me to true spiritual enlightment.  I know others who, thanks to MC, were able to locate long-lost friends or figure out the 1040EZ.  The possibilities are as long as your playlist!  Viva MC!

datdude

• MC Beta Team

Yes, MC helped me save money on my auto insurance.

I was able to create relaxing playlists on my ipod when driving.;D
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
Media Center is the meaning of life.
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 06:49:07 am »

Media Center is the Meaning of life

I can prove it
Go here
http://www.solfire.com/scrabble/

Type in "JRiver Media Center Version 11"

It will work out the Scrabble score for those words
The answer is 42.
Anyone who's watched/read/played Hitchhikers guide will tell
you the meaning of life is.... 42.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

I first installed MC on a laptop that I utilize as my daily work and play computer. I also have a desktop system on my wired / wireless home network that actually stores my audio / video & photos files.  It also stores and feeds my TiVo.

My question is what is the best way to manage my library and keep both libraries (laptop / desktop) in sync and up to date?  The library server option? 

Maybe a better way to explain it - I would like to use my laptop most of the time to manage tags, files, photo's etc. but utilize my desktop and attached ext. hdd's to archive my media files. 

Thanks for the kind words.

Have you explored what Library Server can do?  It's similar to the TiVo server, but MC is the client instead of TiVo. 

There are a lot of ways to skin this cat.

VOLFAN

• Recent member

Re:  How MC saved my marriage

I think this is just one more example of how MC enriches our lives.  For you, MC saved your marriage.  For me, MC guided me to true spiritual enlightment.  I know others who, thanks to MC, were able to locate long-lost friends or figure out the 1040EZ.  The possibilities are as long as your playlist!  Viva MC!

hehehe

Hmm, maybe corporate tax returns too.  :D

VOLFAN

• Recent member

Thanks for the kind words.

Have you explored what Library Server can do?  It's similar to the TiVo server, but MC is the client instead of TiVo. 

There are a lot of ways to skin this cat.

Jim,

You're welcome. 

No, I haven't had a chance to play around with the Library server option just yet.  This weekend is busy with family events.  Hopefully, Sunday afternoon. 

MC will be the client on my laptop, correct?

Thanks.

VOLFAN

• Recent member

Yes, MC helped me save money on my auto insurance.

I was able to create relaxing playlists on my ipod when driving.;D

ROTFLMAO  ;D

Yep, I really like the iPod interface too!  Just purchased the USA Spec adapter for my Sequoia and it works beautifully. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up