INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: no database detected on iPOD (or words to that effect)  (Read 674 times)

ingram3480

no database detected on iPOD (or words to that effect)
« on: January 14, 2006, 12:19:27 pm »

I have been building my iPOD on PC A via MC and it does so very well, but very, very slowly.  PC A is an old PC and it really dogs converting my APE files to MP3....so I was hoping to use PC B because of its speed so I setup about building PC B thus:

First, on PC A I backup my library and shut down MC.

On PC B I use add/remove programs and remove MC 11.1.9x (92 I think it was) and check mark remove reg and library data.  Looking to clean off MC and do a clean install.  I install MC 11.1.97 on PC B. So far so good.

I restore the library (from PC A) to PC B and MC 11.1.97 is happy.  PC B is mapped to drive M with all my music.  Every thing seems good.  On PC B I hook up 5G iPOD 60GB (which has spent most of its life on PC A and 100% so from an MC perspective).  MC recognizes iPOD; I click add to MC.  Look'n good for about 5 seconds and then "no data base detected.....do you want to reinitialize"  And NO, I DO NOT.  Click NO.   Disconnect iPOD and ensure the 3000+ tracks that PC A loaded to iPOD are still there. Yup, they are.

Long story short can I not share the iPOD between two installs of MC on two separate PC's?  I was hoping to because PC B is much, much faster than PC A and would be a superior PC for converting APE to MP3.  Ideas or dead end?

-- Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up