INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New features suggestions  (Read 1001 times)

sunemesys

• We're virtual devices
New features suggestions
« on: January 23, 2006, 09:29:31 am »

Firtst of all, forgive me for the bad english: i'm italian and i don't know english as well.
Well, i used the trial version of your wonderful software and i've some suggestions to give. I want to start saying i'm a real music lover. i continuously bought CDs and now i buy lot of mp3 albums online on soundclick and other online sources. And... yse, sometime i download music from P2P... but this is a common crime, isn't it? Well, going to the "kernel" of the discussion, i've used lot of programs to organize my music collection. Lastly i've used for long time Mediamonkey, great software. But Mediacenter is widely better. It lacs only for some features that I consider really important:

1. a way to get informations about a song or an album. Yes, MC11 has the feature "Find CD" and "Artist Info" but they aren't really embedded in the software, they only open a web page in amazon or allmusic. If you look to mediamonkey it uses a great way to find informations. With an easy shortkey or a menu option the software looks in amazon, extract the infos (cover art, label, track list and album review) and display them in a well sorted way. And with a single button pression you can add those infos to all the songs ID3 tags. This is really important for serious music collectors. And also if I want to use the current MC11 features, it looks for CDs only into the USA version of amazon. But everyone knows that actually the german version of amazon is the most complete source for music infos (personally tested, I can find every CDs in amazon.de expecially for my preferred genres (industrial, electronic and gothic)). So, at least, add the possibility to use amazon.de instead of amazon.com.

2. in the split view a fast way to copy/move files from a view to the other one (browsing two different folders

3. the split view is great but why not a split player? With the possibility to start another song in the second player and mix between the two songs (great for parties, like a DJ!!!)

4. In the theatre mode the possibility to browse the HDDs, not only the Library.

5. I use some windows gadgets like konfabulator or some Stardock desktop objects. some of them can cantrol the music players (play/stop/pause/volume and so on) but they works with winamp or compatible players, not with MC11. Can you make MC11 compatible with them? Well, indeed this is not really important but it could be useful. You can simulate the winamp APIs or something like that.

Ok, that's all for the moment.

However MC11 is a wonderful piece of software. Great work!  ;D
We're virtual devices

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: New features suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 12:37:21 pm »

Thanks for your thoughts. 

1.  We'd like to do more of this.

2.  Did you try drag and drop?

3.  A "split player" is an ambitious project. 

4.  If you right click on any view scheme in the tree, you can edit it.  One option is whether to show it in Theater View.

5.  Probably not, but it's surprising they don't work.  Try changing MC's options for playback from direct sound to wav out or the other way around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up