INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11.1 Using Back/Forward Navigation confusion  (Read 2875 times)

EpF

• Citizen of the Universe
MC11.1 Using Back/Forward Navigation confusion
« on: January 21, 2006, 01:53:47 pm »

Using the 'Back' button is quite confusing at the moment; sometimes it cycles backwards through views (have noticed this using viewscheme header navigation), sometimes it moves back through previous library locations (the old, expected behaviour), and sometimes it seems to do nothing at all.

Imho, 'Back' should cycle through locations, and changing views should be left to the dedicated view-changer in header navigation. It's very easy to lose track of where you are in your navigation history (in your mind's eye) when you're trying to track both views and locations. I just had to click 'Back' 4 times in a row before I got to where I wanted to be, and by the third time I had no idea what was going to happen after the next click!

Any thoughts...?

While I'm on the subject; I'd love to see a drop-down history for the 'back' and 'forward' buttons on the toolbar; the ability to skip locations would be sooo handy for me because I have a pretty slow computer, and viewschemes with advanced expressions or based on smartlist groups can take up to a minute to load at the moment, which sometimes makes the current back/forward navigation unusable for me.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
Re: MC11.1 Using Back/Forward Navigation confusion
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 02:45:19 pm »

Seems to work well for me.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 04:00:28 pm »

I have to agree with Datdude, EpF.  I use the Back/Forward extensively so I was concerned to read that it's functionality may have changed.  But, I just tested it fairly thoroughly and it worked just as I expected, at least when used via icons on toolbar (I didn't test using hotkeys with my remote, but I could).

Back took me back through a variety of selections on the tree accurately, but paid no regard to my current "view mode" (when cycled either by F11 or by playing tracks).  Forward did so in reverse just as it should.

Can you describe in more detail exactly what you are doing to reproduce the Back/Forward mix-up, and try to better identify the bad sequence that MC is taking you on?

On another completely separate topic... Sorry to hear about the slow machine.  What are you running?

I'm actually having some trouble with the voltage regulator on my Gigabyte nForce3 board right now, much to my dismay (the 3.3v rail is failing it's self-test and isn't providing stable power).  I may have to take the leap to a PCI-E video card and a new motherboard sooner than I'd hoped.  I was hoping to wait for the new ATI RD580 chipset-based boards to emerge to see how they compare to the older nForce4 boards.  If this thing fails it's either that, or I dig out my old P3-933Mhz 440BX board, which would be quite a switch from a nice A64-3200+.   :(
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 04:15:59 pm »

MC is smooth for me in all situations.  Occasionaly there is a stutter between songs but I don't think that is system specific. 

I've got a 1.7 ghz pentium m with 1.25 gb's of RAM and integrated graphics accelerator. 

Ram does seem to make the biggest difference as 512 was cutting it too close in certain situations.

I did have an amd athlon 750 mhz with 250 mb's of ram and MC was very choppy at times.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball
Pages: [1]   Go Up