INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: zen micro plugin  (Read 1822 times)

saab99

zen micro plugin
« on: November 28, 2005, 05:14:57 pm »

i had a zen micro 5 gb and just bought a 6gb. both worked with media center 11. but then i updated the firmware and software and now media center isn't seeing either one. i deleted the plug-ins thinking there might be new ones but now i cannot even find a plus in for the zen micro. i saw one person saying media center 11 won't work with zen micro but am hoping that isn't true.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: zen micro plugin
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 06:00:26 pm »

The new firmware is probably WMDM compliant.  Can you try MC 11.1, available on the MC board?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 09:56:22 am »

If that doesn't work, tell us your zen firmware version.

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 12:54:41 pm »

If you have the latest firmware for Zen Micro, it is MTP/Plays for Sure compliant so you do not need a plugin and MC will detect it without any intervention on your part.

Steve

rhom

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 11:06:04 pm »

if you've got the latest zen firmware version (2.20.05) then it'll definately work with MC 11.0.316, well at least mine do :)

have you tried resetting the handheld options so you get prompted again for all connected devices?

when you plug it in do you get a system tray icon, showing that windows can actually see the zen?

Bod

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 03:03:06 am »

if you've got the latest zen firmware version (2.20.05) then it'll definately work with MC 11.0.316, well at least mine do :)

have you tried resetting the handheld options so you get prompted again for all connected devices?

when you plug it in do you get a system tray icon, showing that windows can actually see the zen?

2.20.05 is not the latest firmware.  Creative have done a good job in confusing the hell out of everyone it seems.

V2 includes support for Plays For Sure but does not include many of the fixes that were implemented in version 1.11.01.  One of the fixes in v1.11.01 and not in v2 is the reduction in the time it takes for the unit to go into a full shutdown from idle standby.  Many v2 users will find that battery life is reduced significantly because v2 is 12 hours (i think) and v1.11.01 is 4. 

This is why many users, including myself, that have no use for Plays For Sure have not upgraded to v2.
Pages: [1]   Go Up