INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What should I do next? (how)  (Read 780 times)

sgordon

• Recent member
What should I do next? (how)
« on: January 23, 2006, 09:56:31 pm »

ok, I setup media center on my PC connected to my home network with a network 1.6tb storage device.  Loaded all my music in 320 compression (not sure which is best) as my master library. 

Now how do I port the music to my stereo? Is there a device I need to hook up and turn on server mode?

I also use portable devices like Ipod (family members).

Basically I have 2 delimas:
What do I need to port music to stereo?
What is the best format to archive my music? (I use acc for IPods... currently 320, not sure if 128 results in noticable loss).

Comments and suggestions please?

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: What should I do next? (how)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 10:43:11 pm »

Where is the PC located?

There are 3 options to do this within MC which you can see under the services & plug-ins section of the MC tree.

UPnP is for dedicated media streamers - you would have to control playback with their interface but your pc can be anywhere if its wireless.

tivo server  (no explanation necessary)

library server allows you to stream music from one pc to another.

Of course you could also put the PC next to the stereo and if you have a 50" tv, browse MC with that.  (someday I will have this option  ;D)

I find that alt preset standard 192 kbs works fine for my hi fi setup.  It sounds like you have the space so maybe go for .ape if you can hear the difference.  The only real drawback then is compatibility, which mp3 reins supreme at!
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball
Pages: [1]   Go Up