INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC isn't importing jpegs from my backup drive  (Read 828 times)

nickharambee

• Galactic Citizen
  • doh!
MC isn't importing jpegs from my backup drive
« on: January 31, 2006, 05:58:52 am »

hello

i have recently made a new backup of my music collection, and now i am trying to import all of the music files and images from this backup drive into MC so that i can compare the number of files of each type on my main drive and my backup drive.

the number of music files are the same, but i am short of over a 1,000 images on the backup drive (some of the images have imported fine), virtually all of which are called 'folder.jpg' (i cant help but feel that the fact that virtually all of the images that are missing are called 'folder.jpg').  i have used a utility called 'folder view' to check that there are approximately the same number of files on each drive, and i have confirmed that (doing a random check) that the folder.jpgs have been succesfully copied over to the backup drive.

i have all of the options unchecked when importing, except create library backup, and the various file formats i want to import.  i only use jpgs and so this is checked, and as i have said some jpgs have imported ok.

so, i am at a loss as to what might be going on here

thanks

nick

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: MC isn't importing jpegs from my backup drive
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 06:42:12 am »

11. Changed: Media Center no longer imports Folder.jpg files.

Personally, I didn't like the change. Users may have reasons for importing files named as Folder.jpg.

The discussion is here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30869.0.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

nickharambee

• Galactic Citizen
  • doh!
Re: MC isn't importing jpegs from my backup drive
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 07:15:57 am »

thanks alex

i also think that this is a bad idea.  i have added my support to the 'bring back the folder.jpg' campaign on the thread you pointed me to

nick
Pages: [1]   Go Up