INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion - MC just "knows" what you like :)  (Read 647 times)

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Suggestion - MC just "knows" what you like :)
« on: January 25, 2006, 12:35:19 am »

Came across this site.

- IMMS is an adaptive playlist framework that tracks your listening patterns and dynamically adapts to your taste.

- IMMS does a much better job of shuffling than most players. It keeps track of when a song was last played, and makes sure same songs are not repeated too often. It is even able to recognise different versions of the same song (eg. remixes) and treat them as one song!

- IMMS uses a variety of techniques to figure out which songs should be played together, and which should not. It studies your listening habits, as well as using acoustic properties of the songs themselves, such as BPM and frequency spectrum.

What it does is keep track of how many times tracks get skipped and uses that to derandomise a random selection. Only works on linux atm but maybe it's ideas could be used to create a smart random ;)

MC keeps track of how often a track is played. Could keeping note of skips be as interesting too ?

It's worth nothing that it takes IMMS a fair bit of time to get used to its owner's listening habits.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Suggestion - Adaptive Playlists
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 09:01:56 pm »

Wow.  That's cool.

(This topic needs a better title.  I almost didn't come in here because I thought it was probably just an improved search request.)

* glynor wants it.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up