INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD ISO files  (Read 1549 times)

xian

• Recent member
  • Karl Marx's grave is just another communist plot
DVD ISO files
« on: January 25, 2006, 10:03:12 am »

I know this topic has come up in subtly different forms before but I have backed a couple of my DVDs up to my HD by saving them as .ISOs which allows me to use DVD Daemon to mount them and play them with all the menus/audio options of the original.

Is there any way, or any likely plug-in, that would hide some of these very manual steps from me to play the movie within MC?

Thanks

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DVD ISO files
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 12:14:08 pm »

extract the iso to hard drive folders.  you'll end up with the VIDEO_TS folder on the hard drive.  Browse to that folder using windows explorer.  Right click on the very first file with a VOB extension (usually vts_01_0.vob or vts_01_1.vob) and select to import it into Media Center.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 03:21:16 pm »

I don't know how DVD Daemon works, but if you get the "original" Daemon Tools (I like the old version 3.47 rather than the new 4.0 one) and you get the add-on called awxDTools you can simply right click on the ISO file in Windows Explorer and mount it into your "Daemon Tools" virtual Optical drive.  Then it will play easily in any DVD player application, including MC.

Quick, easy, and painless.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

mrrafs

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 12:48:35 am »

for ISO's (*kids ruin DVD's that I buy so I back them up) i use a deamon tool plugin that mounts the iso if it is clicked on (rather than right click).

My solution in MC was 'Add view scheme' of my ISO folder inside the video folder and change the video folder to accept data as well as video in its view scheme.

click on a datafile in MC it mounts the DVD and MC is the default DVD player so that then plays...

LanceD

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 02:25:54 pm »

i use a deamon tool plugin that mounts the iso if it is clicked on (rather than right click).

Can you please post a source for said plugin?

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up