INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Media Center 11.1.115  (Read 669 times)

MusicHawk

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Center 11.1.115
« on: February 07, 2006, 08:03:37 pm »

BUG in 11.1.115? Importing all my photos (mostly gif and jpg), I sometimes get "out of memory" error. Running XP with 1GB RAM. Once this happens, I an't close MC because it tells me it's still doing an import -- but nothing is actually happening. Have to crash-close MC process.

Yes, I have lots of photos; is MC not a good tool for cataloging and viewing them?

Feature request: It would be terrific to provide default Library designs for the Big Three media types: Audio files, Video files, Photo files. This would make MC much friendlier for users who don't know all the various media file-extensions, but know what type of library they want to create.  As it is, I have to carefully go through the file-type list and check all the appropriate file types, and if I overlook one or even worse select one that isn't appropriate, it's a pain to clean up.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 11.1.115
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 08:46:26 pm »

Are the photos on a USB drive or a network drive?
Pages: [1]   Go Up