INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC and documents  (Read 890 times)

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
MC and documents
« on: February 03, 2006, 07:21:07 am »

MC has supported Documents for quite a while...but there are seldom (never) any new "functions" regarding "Docs"....

my question for the JR staff is...will there be any improvements ?

Is it very difficult to implempent thumbnails for pdf, word etc ?...i really miss it
in MC  :-[

regards Lars (MCuser since version 7)

MT5FR

pank2002

Re: MC and documents
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 09:23:17 am »

It would be nice if MC read pdf tags.
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

pank2002

Re: MC and documents
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 02:39:57 pm »

As pointed out by Lars there certainly isn't happening much on the document handling front. I have a couple of ideas:

• Usually, all my documents are created with (PDF)LaTeX. Hence, all of my files contain PDF tags such as author, title and subject, and sometimes keywords. However, MC does not read these tags. The tags can be seen in File--> Document properties. It would be splendid if MC would read these tags.
    Only the date tag is read as it is at the moment, and I'm not sure whether it is the windows date tag or the PDF date tag. The PDF date tag shows when the file was actually made whereas the Windows date tag sometimes shows when the was created, or downloaded, on the system.
  • As quite a few have requested a thumbnail would be nice. Especially considering the new thumbnail preview system, where the user choose the size of the thumbnail. Windows (or Acrobat reader) already makes a thumbnail when browsing using explorer. As does Total Commander. MC should too.
  • Although the ulterior motive with MC document handling is to avoid the mess of organizing one's file in a complicated directory system it would be nice if MC could insert tags based on the file name. F.x. I have all school related papers in documents\school\[subject]\*something*\*filename*.pdf. I am aware that this is already possible with MC-tools, but it would be nice if it could be automated.

Cheers,
Rasmus

PS: Is JRiver still working on the File Cruiser project?
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk
Pages: [1]   Go Up