INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drag-n-Drop  (Read 1469 times)

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
Drag-n-Drop
« on: February 03, 2006, 04:34:43 pm »

oops, still using 11.1.112, but I still get the drag image offset from the pointer. This hapens when dragging from the tree or rearranging a playlist in the "bottom" pane

also with 11.1.112, I am not sure this is intended behaviour, but I don't think it's logical... When Shift+dragging a file )and accidentally putting it on the desktop, the actual file is _moved_ to the desktop but the media DB is not updated (this actually saved me time, as I could just move it back, but it means media centre moved the file but did not know of its new location (or at least the screen still said the wrong location.

R
Media Center 12 with Girder and Netremote
Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000
Celestion F-Series Speakers

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
richard.e.morton: Drag-n-Drop
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 04:38:35 pm »

also with 11.1.112, I am not sure this is intended behaviour, but I don't think it's logical... When Shift+dragging a file )and accidentally putting it on the desktop, the actual file is _moved_ to the desktop but the media DB is not updated (this actually saved me time, as I could just move it back, but it means media centre moved the file but did not know of its new location (or at least the screen still said the wrong location.

MC performs fully system compliant drag-n-drop so you can drag files into and out of Media Center into other programs. 

Windows controls the behavior when dropping to Explorer or the desktop, so you'd need to configure these if they don't work like you'd expect.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 04:57:07 pm »

MC performs fully system compliant drag-n-drop so you can drag files into and out of Media Center into other programs. 

Windows controls the behavior when dropping to Explorer or the desktop, so you'd need to configure these if they don't work like you'd expect.

eh? how? or more precisely what/where do I look to do that? I can't seem to find anything sensible on that front...

R
Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 05:03:34 pm »

eh? how? or more precisely what/where do I look to do that? I can't seem to find anything sensible on that front...

R

I'm not sure if they are configurable.  Maybe with a Windows tweaker tool.

However, what the drop performs on the desktop is out of Media Center's control.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
Re: richard.e.morton: Drag-n-Drop
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 05:46:25 pm »

ok, but surely you tell windows explorer to move the file, hence you know the destination, so you could update the db?

or am I oversimplifying things?

Whatever, it was only a comment and I don't think it's a major issue.

Thanks for a great product!

Rich
Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 11:07:08 pm »

Whatever, it was only a comment and I don't think it's a major issue.
It is if, you intentionally moved said file/folder within MC and it's new location was not updated in the dB. Otherwise you will have a broken link. A fix of said link will remove it and you wil not see said item in the library anymore.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 05:18:35 am »

It is if, you intentionally moved said file/folder within MC and it's new location was not updated in the dB. Otherwise you will have a broken link. A fix of said link will remove it and you wil not see said item in the library anymore.
my thoughts exactly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up