INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicate detection via checksum  (Read 1130 times)

Waenna

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Duplicate detection via checksum
« on: February 04, 2006, 10:19:06 am »

I wonder how much effort it would be to create a checksum for the MP3 data only (without the tag information).
IMHO it can be done for free during the audio analysis and stored in an additional field in the database.

I think it will help to identify very easily duplicates which have the same audio data independent from the MP3 tags which may have changed for different files.

Of course this will work only with files which are really identical. It won't detect a file with the same content recorded differently.

It looks like there has been already a similar development which was unfortuneatly dropped: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=28952.0

Hoping that this feature has a chance to get implemented I would like also to have a function which is doing the binary diff on that data  ;D if two files have been identified to have the same checksum.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Duplicate detection via checksum
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 11:45:35 am »

We have audio-based fingerprinting in the YADB track lookup engine.

It requires fuzzy matching and some other complicated processing.

Perhaps a future version of MC could use this same system inside the program.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Waenna

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Duplicate detection via checksum
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 01:46:13 pm »

Well, this would be the perfect solution with the best results but I would be already happy if there is only the checksum available calculated from the MP3 data (without fuzzy matching and other complicated processing  ;D).
Pages: [1]   Go Up