INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Delete from handheld on sync  (Read 793 times)

Pogle

• Junior Woodchuck
Delete from handheld on sync
« on: February 04, 2006, 09:25:14 am »

I've had a couple of problems deleting from handheld while syncing with iRiver H340 using v11.1.113

Using Options > Handhelds > "Sync Mode -- Playlists", I synchronise to a smartlist which filters out files I don't want on the handheld based on a tag.

Under Advanced Options, "Delete from handheld any files that are not in sync list" is checked.
The problem is that a number of files appeared in the sync list twice: both in the queue and as marked for deletion. The reason seemed to be differences in the tags between versions on the PC and handheld. The files were not being deleted and therefore appeared in the list before each sync. Physically deleting them from the handheld solved it but I think this should be automatic.

Maybe it's copying the file first and then deleting the very same one afterwards?

The other problem is that other non-MediaCenter files were deleted during the sync. For example, the handheld has a folder for its own voice recorder and this was deleted. It would be preferable for the deletion to occur only below the folders specified in the Advance Options Files & Paths.

Small issue.
I created a visualisation which uses the variables PN_POSITION and TOTAL_TIME. These both change to the next song's values about six seconds before the current song has stopped. This was fixed some time ago for the text in the player but seems to persist in visualisations.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Delete from handheld on sync
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 09:35:04 am »

Sync will remove files not in the sync list.  If this isn't what you want, don't use sync.

Pogle

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Delete from handheld on sync
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 12:19:50 pm »

It is what I want.
The problem is that it wasn't working and I had to remove files manually.

I did another test:
Change an unrated song to five stars.
Select JUKEBOX (my handheld) from Drives and Devices.
Click Recheck Sync
Click Status column heading to sort.
The song appears twice: once to delete old and once to add new version.
Click Sync Now.
This works and the version on the handheld has five stars.

Now change song back to unrated on the PC
Repeat the same steps above
After Recheck Sync it detects that the file has changed but after syncing the handheld version remains with five stars.
Pages: [1]   Go Up