INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.114  (Read 3759 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.114
« on: February 06, 2006, 05:18:43 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111114.exe

11.1.114 (02/06/06)

1. Changed: People, places, events, and keywords are default search fields.
2. Fixed: Emailing multiple files at once from the "Send To" menu was not working properly.
3. Changed: Tweaked the Send To > Play menu layout.
4. Changed: Revised menu / toolbar customization tooltip text.
5. Fixed: Media Center could be slower to size than expected.
6. Fixed: Switching sample rates of audio files being played could cause audio corruption in some cases.
7. Fixed: QMB boxes now set focus to the edit field.  (Highlight it, too.)
8. Fixed: Search box is speedy again.
9. Changed: Search box no longer resizes.
10. Changed: The play shortcut in some Theater View or Windowed mode pages would play the files from the view selected in Standard View instead of the current playing now. (if this option was selected)
11. Changed: Theater View uses the same display mode (visualization, track info, etc.) as standard and full screen view. (Mini View still gets independent settings)
12. Changed: Revised the about dialog to contain a JRiver link in it.
13. Fixed: The recently imported playlist was not working properly.
14. Optimized: Much faster Theater View thumbnail operation.
15. Fixed: MC plays even more asx streams (Allmusic previews for example).
16. Fixed: Some iRiver iFP-type devices could cause Media Center to lock-up.
17. Changed: Replaced Podcast "Click to Download" with a "Download" button.
18. Fixed: Search control "Go" button would not appear as expected in non-file views.
19. Fixed: Long search control text could bleed on to the right border of the search control with some skins.

11.1.113 (02/03/06)

1. Changed: Added a tooltip to the top menu bar that explains that the bar is customizable. (shows after 2 seconds)
2. Changed: After editing an image, MC will save the previous tags into the updated file. (if you "Save As..." instead, tags will not be transferred)
3. Fixed: During FTP image upload, the progress display could show incorrect values.
4. NEW: Added .dvr-ms as a supported Windows Media Video file type.
5. NEW: Media Center does an OS-level eject on devices like an iPod when the system suports it. (so it's removed from the "Safely Remove Hardware" system, etc.)
6. NEW: Added the ability to eject drive-style handheld devices like a MuVo, Samsung, etc. (OS-level eject as well)
7. Fixed: After a "Save As ..." operation, the text on the title bar of Image Editor was messed up.
8. Changed: JPEG images are saved at higher quality in Image Editor.

11.1.112 (02/02/06)

1. Fixed: Video Podcasts get classified correctly on an iPod 5g.
2. Optimized: Improved the loading speed of the display menu that allows picking visualization, track info, etc.
3. Optimzied: Device enumeration now occurs in a low-priority background thread. (so a slow WMDM system won't stall the program)
4. Optimized: Janus-style devices synchronize their licenses in a background thread. (instead of blocking the program)
5. Optimzied: Improved initialization time of Janus-style handheld devices.
6. Fixed: The player area configuration menu could appear on mouse-up even if the mouse wasn't pressed down over the area.
7. Changed: Quick Play > Media Library > All Files now sorts the file list.
8. Fixed: When moving the mouse around in the player bar, the built-in spectrum analyzer could move faster than normal.
9. Changed: Covering the player window spectrum analyzer (or minimizing) completely stops all associated processing.
10. Changed: Spectrum analyzer is on by default in the player window. (click on it to turn it off)
11. Optimized: Built-in spectrum analyzer is fully threaded, so that it can never block the main program.
12. Improved: Library Server incorrect dialog message.
13. NEW: Podcast downloads are automatically suspended when an Internet connection is unavailable.

11.1.111 (02/01/06)

1. Changed: Removed Folder.jpg filtering on import.
2. Fixed: In-place editing the name field could start with the text scrolled to one side.
3. Optimized: Improved the speed of playlist transfers to a handheld. (still limited by handheld speed)
4. Changed: Video iPods now understand that they support m4v files.
5. Changed: Dropping files on MC that it can't parse / play no longer plays what was already in Playing Now.
6. Changed: Revised the columns shown in a CD view when doing an audio burn.
7. Changed: Reworked the data burning Action Window page.
8. Changed: Changing pane selections no longer presevers the selected file set in the file list.
9. Fixed: With Media Center maximized, switching from standard view to windowed view and back could leave an orphaned taskbar icon.
10. Changed: MC no longer attempts to play MP4 files with DirectShow, but instead always uses QuickTime. (too many buggy mp4 filters)
11. Changed: If attempting to test if a file can be played with DirectShow doesn't respond, MC will not try that file type again during the current run of the program. (to side-step buggy filters)
12. Fixed: Last Exit View works now.
13. Fixed: Default podcast filename is now [ymd] [title] instead of [ymd] [name].
14. Fixed: Podcast download now accepts the suffix of an Episode URL if it looks like a valid media type.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds (edit pdt.xml file in MC directory)
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 11.1.114
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 10:16:27 pm »

I'm having a problem in 114 that I didn't see in earlier versions. I'm playing via a library server (currently running 113).

The problem first manifests itself as the mini window disappearing. I don't notice exaactly when this happens, but it is gone. The icon is still shown in the toolbar, and it is still active (i.e., I can pause, etc), but even if I click on Show Media Center it isn't shown.

Once this first problem occurs, then another problem also happen. Every time a track is done playing I get an error window popping up. This window says:

Error
JScript Error.
Code = 800x138f
Code meaning = Unknown error 0x800A38F
Source = Microsoft JScript runtime error
Description = 'undefined' is null or not an object

This error pops up many time simultaneously, roughly 10 time. I can click Ok on each one and the finally go away, but as soon as the next track is completed then they pop up again.

One other problem I'm seeing in 114, which probably unrelated, is that when connecting to my Library Server, MC no longer remember my username and password when I first start it up. I only have to enter it once every time I run MC, but it used to cache this info.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 10:21:10 pm »

Please try a different Mini View skin.  Since skins are powered by JScript, it's possible there's an issue specific to the code in one skin.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 11:30:09 pm »

Ok, switching to Blade worked. But what changed in 114 to break Paradigm (the one I was using before)?

kevinmook

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 01:44:51 am »

13. Fixed: The recently imported playlist was not working properly.

Thanks for that fix!

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 03:21:08 am »

Podcasts are each time uploading again to my iPod after connecting my iPod again, even when they are already on there, it copies them to different folders.
The icon for Podcasts on my iPod is the Video icon in stead of the Audio icon.

In build 110 this is still working
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

lOth

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 04:28:24 am »

autosync on connect for the iPod is broken for me since 11.1.113

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 11:13:35 am »

I've run out of "auto complete" on Artist and Album - any chance of upping the total number of possible entries? Thanks. John.

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 12:01:00 pm »

When a view scheme includes the word "file" (as in Images > Filetypes), the View selector displays "pane" where "file" should be; ie Pane Types instead of File Types, and Pane Sizes instead of File Sizes.

A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 12:25:04 pm »

Tools > Options > CD & DVD Burning
The first option, CD Writer should probably be changed to include DVD writer. (note: there is no mention of dvds anywhere on this settings page, and yet the title of the page was changed from CD Writer to CD & DVD Burning).
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 02:27:23 pm »

When a view scheme includes the word "file" (as in Images > Filetypes), the View selector displays "pane" where "file" should be; ie Pane Types instead of File Types, and Pane Sizes instead of File Sizes.

:)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

CadErik

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 02:52:31 pm »

asx associations are still broken with FireFox and Opera... Clicking on an asx stream just doesn't do anything.

Erik.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006, 03:15:24 pm »

asx associations are still broken with FireFox and Opera... Clicking on an asx stream just doesn't do anything.

Erik.

Are they files or URLs? If files, what's the extension. If URLs, post one of the URLs.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up