INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art 3 - how soon art available?  (Read 1808 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Cover Art 3 - how soon art available?
« on: February 08, 2006, 03:46:04 pm »

King,
I uploaded cover art over the weekend for a new CD. Today, probably 4 days later, on another machine, I used Cover Art Finder 3 version 3.0.1 to hopefully get the cover I uploaded but it said none could be found. Luckily I emailed me the cover file just in case so I was able to get it on the other machine. The question though is how soon does a cover I upload become available that I can download it?
Jeff

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re: Cover Art 3 - how soon art available?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 05:06:46 pm »

Cover Art Finder 3 version 3.0.1

That version has not been able to use the server for three months or more

the newest version 3.0.35 that has been avail for 4+ weeks or more is the only version that can be used.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

dcwebman

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 07:17:58 am »

OK, I had the wrong version. 2 questions then.
1. If I upload an image, is it available immediately for me to download again on another machine. Same goes with lyrics because I saw the same thing and I know I had the lastest version of the lyrics finder on both machines.

2. Any way when trying to run one of your plugins to display a message that says, "Hey, this isn't the latest version. Go get it!"  :)  This would at least prevent problems and posts.
Jeff

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 10:07:51 am »

1. If I upload an image, is it available immediately for me to download again on another machine. Same goes with lyrics because I saw the same thing and I know I had the latest version of the lyrics finder on both machines.

Yes, and for Lyrics also

if there is a problem, i would need the full name as it is typed of the artist, album name, and song name, your IP address, and day it was uploaded.

i could then search the ftp log and find out what the deal is.

2. Any way when trying to run one of your plug-ins to display a message that says, "Hey, this isn't the latest version. Go get it!"  :)  This would at least prevent problems and posts.

Actually the latest Cover Art Finder Does, and has more connection error messages that work

Lyrics finder does not really tell you, it should but the code does not quite work correctly, maybe i will fix that later.

Fayetteville, NC, USA

dcwebman

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 03:59:20 pm »

Thanks for the answers King. One final question then on lyrics. When I uploaded some new ones, I went to spartalyrics.com to see if they were there and they weren't. I guess you have to approve them first or something? Or is that a totally separate database?
Jeff

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 05:35:27 pm »

Or is that a totally separate database?
yes

At one time they were run from the same server, but it got to be a pain and i have not updated the web site.
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up