INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I create iPod playlists via MC?  (Read 1289 times)

jimm

• Recent member
Can I create iPod playlists via MC?
« on: February 09, 2006, 01:47:16 pm »

I just installed MC11.1 intending (or hoping) to use it for everything involving my iPod that I currently use iTunes for. This includes creating iPod playlists. I'm not seeing a way to do this. It appears that the playlist sync feature transfers files in the list but that they don't show up in a playlist of their own on the iPod.

Am I missing something obvious? Or not obvious, for that matter. If this is not possible I don't see a big advantage in using MC to manage the iPod.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can I create iPod playlists via MC?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 03:20:16 pm »

The playlists that sync across also show up as playlists on the iPod.

jimm

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 04:19:14 pm »

You're right--I had tried just transferring a playlist, and the playlist was not preserved, but I just tried using the syncing a specific list and there it is on the pod.

Only problem: all my other playlists on the pod were deleted. And a lot of them included files that are no longer on the computer where MC is running and may be scattered over multiple backup disks, so I can't quickly reconstruct the lists in MC. I'm tempted to init the pod & start over, as big a hassle as that would be.

Bummer. There's just not a single simple solution for this.

A workaround I came up with is to define a smart list on the pod that includes files added today. Then I can transfer files from an MC list, exit MC and start iT, and the files will be in that list where they can be easily dropped into another one to recreate the MC one.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 05:54:50 pm »

I know there is software out there that will let you pull the music files off of the iPod - so it might be easier to just use that to pull the music to your MC system.  It is much easier to manage the songs on the iPod when they are all on the same machine.

And sorry, no I don't know the names of the programs off the top of my head - but a few minutes in Google should do the trick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up