INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error Sharing file(All JPG's-thumbnails) when connecting to Server?  (Read 1567 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

Hi
When i connect to my server via my laptop, Over 1\2 of the thumbnails wont's show up on laptops media center? When i go to server after a bunch of the songs have loaded on lappy there is an error that says error sharing file file not found(meaning the jpg's(coverarts)..But when in my playlists on server, all thumbnails are there. Are all my thumbnails in the wrong location or something?

My version is media center 11.1.111, and my operating system is XP Pro, and XP home on laptop.

Appreciate any help anyone can give me, thanx

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
Re: Error Sharing file(All JPG's-thumbnails) when connecting to Server?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 10:24:41 am »

I need more info please: are the jpgs stored in a tag or stored external to the file. Where are they located? Are there any differences between the ones that work and the ones that don't?

j

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Re: Error Sharing file(All JPG's-thumbnails) when connecting to Server?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 10:35:54 am »

thanks for the reply.. I have had media center for bout 2 years, I've tried every avenue of saving the jpg's\thumbnails, )and the only issue i have ever had is thumbnails sometimes they are there sometimes they are not)
Now i have it set up on server where all the coverarts are in c\documents and settings\chris\application data\jriver\mediacenter11\coverart.  Also I took a whole day copying all the cover arts to the correct folders of the songs\albums\artists on the external drive where the files are stored. All the coverarts are jpg's. I do NOt have it set up in options to save tags in files. Should i do this?

Thanks for the quick reply. I'd love to get this figured out,
Pages: [1]   Go Up