INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.122  (Read 5064 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.122
« on: February 15, 2006, 06:37:09 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111122.exe

11.1.122 (02/15/06)

1. Changed: Handheld options only shows connected devices. (since MC doesn't know everything it would need to about disconnected devices)
2. Changed: Removed a nesting level in Options > Playback.
3. Changed: Options tree controls have slightly more vertical spacing between items.
4. NEW: Help file updated for v11.1 (thanks Lise!)
5. Fixed: Right click ripping options weren't available when viewing multiple drives in list control.
6. NEW: Included Dutch translation. (thanks BennyD!)
7. Changed: Playlists of all images get image-style default columns instead of audio-style columns.
8. Changed: If no version number is set in the Podcast file, we reset the download Tag configuration to the default.
9. NEW: Deleted Podcasts episodes can now be hidden from view.
10. Changed: Added ability to turn off TV, Podcasts, Web Media, and My Computer to Options > General > Advanced > Features. (experiment -- may not remain)
11. Changed: If a DirectShow video file hung on opening (due to a bad filter / bad file), MC would not be able to stop or shutdown properly.
12. Fixed: Some interface plugins would not be disabled when checking "stop 3rd party plugins" on the incomplete shutdown dialog. (AudioScrobbler, etc.)
13. NEW: Added option to use super-fast Go-Go encoder to MP3 encoder. (2x-3x faster for doing on-the-fly conversion for handhelds, UPnP, etc.)
14. Changed: Reworked the MP3 encoder options dialog.
15. Changed: Podcast download button is now gone.  It is replaced by a "Download" hyperlink.
16. Changed: All click-able entries in the Episode Status column are now shown as hyperlinks, and have custom tooltips.
17. Optimized: Several assembly optimizations to the core playback / decoding / conversion engine. (lower CPU usage, faster conversions, etc.)
18. Fixed: Clip-protection would not work as expected for the DSP applied to a CD burn. (attenuation would not rebound at the same rate as it would during regular playback)

11.1.121 (02/14/06)

1. Fixed: Duplicate Podcast episodes are now handled gracefully.
2. Fixed: Deleting files from a handheld (manually or on a sync) could cause a crash.
3. Fixed: Cover art was not working properly over library server.
4. Optimized: Handheld playlist upload is fully threaded. (eliminates pauses after uploading the last file in a sync)
5. Changed: MC shows a wait message when calculating a handheld sync.
6. Fixed: Uninstall could show an error message.
7.  New: Added Dutch to languages (Thanks, bennyd)

11.1.120 (02/13/06)

1. Fixed: Seeking to the end of a file and pressing next at exactly the same time could cause a failure.
2. Fixed: TiVo Total Duration was off by a factor of 1000.
3. NEW: Includes new MPC decoder. (thread safe, decodes latest MPC files, supports 32-bit output, etc.)
4. Fixed: Podcasts were not properly handling international characters.
5. Changed: "Analyze Audio" tool will not try analyzing files that are not played in MC's native playback engine.
6. Fixed: With duplicate Podcast episodes in the database, it was possible to download the same episode repeatedly.
7. Fixed: In some cases, an iPod would not do an OS-level eject because the plugin thread's working directory prevented the eject.
8. Changed: Added "Remove Device" and "Rename Device" to the handheld options dialog.
9. NEW: Send To menu has zone specific playback commands when there are more one configured zone. (allows simple "Preview on headphones" style functionality)

11.1.119 (02/13/2006)

1. Changed: "Clean File Properties" can no longer operate on "File Type" and "Media Type". (changing these can cause other problems)
2. Fixed: iPod playlists would not always be loaded properly. (could show same file multiple times in playlist)
3. NEW: Included Romanian translation file. (thanks Catana Silviu!)
4. Optimized: The playlist upload portion of an iPod sync is much faster.
5. Fixed: Web Media links would not work.
6. Changed: Text in several areas of the program better sizes to hold translated text. (Library view tiles, Action Window, etc.)
7. Changed: MC behaves more logically when pressing next in the last few seconds of a file's playback.

11.1.118 (02/10/06)

1. Optimized: Improved the speed of the display menu when G-Force is installed.
2. Changed: When an iPod (or other device) fails to be loaded, unplugging it and plugging it back in will try to load it again.
3. Changed: Revised the wording when plugging in an iPod that could not be loaded. (no database, etc.)
4. Changed: Revised the message displayed when picking "Handheld Player" in the Action Window when no player is connected.
5. NEW: Podcasts on an iPod are flagged to be skipped during shuffle / and to always get bookmarked. (will only get flagged for podcasts newly uploaded to an iPod)
6. Fixed: One empty playlist could end up on the iPod after a sync.
7. Changed: "Digital TV" tab is no longer displayed in TV Options if no digital TV device is available (the tab caused crashes if selected).
8. Fixed: The "Display" menu could cause a crash.
9. Changed: Removed frame-rate selection from some visualizations.
10. Fixed: After a sync, playlists could fail to get built properly.
11. Fixed: Pausing audio playback, pressing Next, then pressing Next again would cause playback to corrupt when using DirectX output.
12. Fixed: Podcasts were incorrectly computing total disk used, and deleting episodes en masse as a result.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds (edit pdt.xml file in MC directory)
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 11.1.122
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 07:09:36 pm »

[Filename (path)] is broken on the client machine when using Library Server.   It seems as if the client doesn't understand that the rule is referring to the server's drive.  This is screwing up my "iPod configuration" since the rule needs to refer to the server's drives since it's the SERVER'S library that is being accessed.  If I change the rule to reflect the letter of the mapped drive (N: in my case), it STILL does not work.

Note that this was NOT a problem with earlier builds (9, 9.1, 10, 11, and I believe earlier versions of 11.1.)  When the client system loaded the server's library over Media Server, it properly understood that the [Filename (path)] rule in the smartlists referred to the drives on the server machine.  I don't know when this problem started, but it's existed in both 121 and 122 for sure, and this is the first time I've run into this issue in a couple years of using my iPod setup configuration.

Note also that since the library re-loads from the server every time MC is started, you couldn't "fix" the problem by editing the view shemes or smartlists -- they'll just reload off the server the next time, at which point they'll once again be as they are on the server.

Thanks for looking into this,

Larry

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 08:56:52 pm »

17. Optimized: Several assembly optimizations to the core playback / decoding / conversion engine. (lower CPU usage, faster conversions, etc.)

Ouch (my ears), something is terribly wrong.

I got terrible snaps, cracks and pops with 122 build (tried Direct Sound and Wave Out).  Simply went back to 121 and all is well again.  I never heard MC play back like it was with 122 (unuseable, basically).

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 09:06:40 pm »

I got terrible snaps, cracks and pops with 122 build (tried Direct Sound and Wave Out).  Simply went back to 121 and all is well again.  I never heard MC play back like it was with 122 (unuseable, basically).

I'm not hearing what you're describing.

Larry

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 10:14:33 pm »

I got terrible snaps, cracks and pops with 122 build (tried Direct Sound and Wave Out). Simply went back to 121 and all is well again. I never heard MC play back like it was with 122 (unuseable, basically).

What kind of files? I'm playing APE and MP3 and do not hear anything out of place.

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 10:25:24 pm »

Well, I have to chime in with a nod to this one. I am having occasional pops as well. At first I thought it was my headphones popping, but I unplugged them and my laptop speakers are doing the same thing. Don't have any others to test by at the moment, however, I am sure two sets are enough to denote a problem.

DSP settings and all were the same from the previous build. Matter of fact I lowered each band on the EQ 3 steps to see if that would remedy the problem. No dice.

P.S.

Ok, weird things happened with one of my Podcast Feeds. Check out the link to see what I'm talking about. Notice the red arrows (they turn into lines because I got too lazy to draw the points). Those entries were not there before? I have no clue what that is about.

http://www.bgracetfaith.net/misc/podcasts.jpg

P.S.S.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease dont get rid of the options to hide "TV", "Web Media", "Podcasts", and "My Computer". Even though I use "Podcasts" and "Web Media", the other two are now wonderfully out of sight, out of mind. I don't have a TV card, nor have I ever used the "My Computer". It's nice to be able to just hide them out of the way now.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 10:35:48 pm »

10. Changed: Added ability to turn off TV, Podcasts, Web Media, and My Computer to Options > General > Advanced > Features. (experiment -- may not remain)

If it stays it would be more intuitive under Options --> Tree and View rather than the quite hidden place you have it now.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 10:57:48 pm »

Still Media center crashes after some seconds of playback from the last build
Tamer

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 11:02:52 pm »

Please disable all 3rd party plugins.  Your logs never arrived. (matt @ jriver.com)

Also, please post the crash module and offset.

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 11:03:39 pm »

What CPU type are you using?  Does disabling DSP or playing different file types make a difference?

Pink Waters

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 11:39:20 pm »

Please disable all 3rd party plugins.  Your logs never arrived. (matt @ jriver.com)

Also, please post the crash module and offset.

Thanks.
sent again!
Tamer

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 11:42:13 pm »

sent again!

Thanks.  Got them.

Please uninstall the Audio Scrobbler third party plugin.  It appears to be the cause of the crash.

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2006, 12:35:49 am »

Re: 10. Changed: Added ability to turn off TV, Podcasts, Web Media, and My Computer to Options > General > Advanced > Features. (experiment -- may not remain)

If it stays it would be more intuitive under Options --> Tree and View rather than the quite hidden place you have it now.

This makes a lot more sense to me too to move it under Tree and View

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2006, 01:06:56 am »

I like the ability to do this! I would have to agree that a better place would be tree & view.

If it stays, then it would be nice if one would not have to restart MC.
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

Pink Waters

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2006, 02:18:27 am »

Thanks.  Got them.

Please uninstall the Audio Scrobbler third party plugin.  It appears to be the cause of the crash.
thats weird, i think the problem is with mc handling audioscrobbler plugin cause it was working well till 11.1.120 !
Tamer

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 02:45:02 am »

Audible files have stopped working over Media Server.

The client system is defintely "authorized" to play aa files -- they play just fine with Media Center as long as I go to "Drives and Devices" and manually navigate to the exact same file on the other system's drive.  If I try to play them via the "Audio" branch of the tree, however (i.e. the other systems "Library"), nothing happens.  The little blue note is replaced with an exclamation mark after I try to play it.  This disappears the next time I close and open MC on the client.

I checked the Library Server log on the main system, and there are NO entries logged during my attempts to play aa files.  Mp3's show a log entry when I play them, but it's as if the request to play aa files is completely ignored by the Library server.  The client just says "waiting" when I try to play aa files.

Thanks,

Larry

Pink Waters

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2006, 02:52:43 am »

i found that MC makes the audioscrobbler plugin saves its config file on the desktop !!
Tamer

MikeTFL

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2006, 02:56:42 am »

I need someone's help please.  I do a lot of tagging and really enjoy using Media Center.  It's the best around.  On these last few builds, however, one of my favorite functions has diappeared.  It is the "auto-fill" drop down boxes associated with artist, albums, genres, etc.

I used to type the first few letters of an artist's name and the auto-fill would finish the rest.  Now suddenly that ability has disapeared.  I get "<too many items to list>" in the drop down box.  Nothing has changed in my library.  I still have the same number of artists and albums and yet this message comes up.

Can someone please help.  Did I inadvertently click something off that should have been turned on?

Thanks

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2006, 03:34:54 am »

Hi. I'm having "crackles and pops" also. It sounds like hard clipping.

Turning off all DSP functions makes it disappear. This never used to happen as I havn't adjusted any DSP functions in ages. It sounds pretty much like the DSP functions do without "Clip protection" wasn't on, even although it is.

Jope this can be fixed as I like having  the "Wider sound field" setting with my computer speakers.

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2006, 04:28:02 am »

Hello,

"Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease dont get rid of the options to hide "TV", "Web Media", "Podcasts", and "My Computer". Even though I use "Podcasts" and "Web Media", the other two are now wonderfully out of sight, out of mind. I don't have a TV card, nor have I ever used the "My Computer". It's nice to be able to just hide them out of the way now."

SAME FOR ME!! Other place would be more logical to me too.

I have always had "crackles and pops". Also with MJ8. I thought it had to do with playing ape-files being decoded or maybe working together on other programs. I don't use DSP all options unmarked.

I'm getting more and more exited about this program and feel stupid that I didn't swith earlier from MJ8.

PLEASE ADD SOME MORE FUNCTIONS FOR IMAGES LIKE TAGS THAT KEEP IN THE FILE SO IT WILL BE USEFULL IN OTHER PROGRAMS AS WELL!

PLEASE ADD SOMETHING TO GET RID OF THE SQUARE AROUND THE THUMBNAILS! I HATE THIS VIEW.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Best regards,

Theo

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2006, 05:31:01 am »

Using the new GoGo converter for Mp3's
I clicked Stop mid way through conversion which worked fine.
However I was then presented with a Message Box with the title
Timer and a message with something like "33000 ms".

Does seem quick though  :)

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2006, 05:58:59 am »

Using the new GoGo converter for Mp3's
I clicked Stop mid way through conversion which worked fine.
However I was then presented with a Message Box with the title
Timer and a message with something like "33000 ms".

I'm using CBR at 128 and seeing similar odd numbers. These appear at the end of each track converted not at the end of the ten files I tried to convert from WAV.

John.

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2006, 09:58:33 am »

I've noticed two major bugs:

I use Media Center to sync my media library with my handheld (Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen XTRA), and I use MPC as my primary compression codec. I let MC convert my MPCs to MP3 when doing the transfer. But in this newest build, the conversion no longer works (I have MC set up to convert using MP3 Encoder, with the following command line options: -V 0 --vbr-new). This worked in all previous versions of MC until this one; now, whenever I try to do a sync, I can't convert anything at all - MC just hangs. It will continue to transfer files that are already MP3s to my device, but it will never convert any of the MPCs. When I try to cancel the sync, MC locks up, and I have to 'End Task' it. When I set MC up to use lame as an external encoder, it works perfectly - this must have something to do with the new changes to the lame encoder (maybe the way parameters are passed now?).
--->I figured out this problem - after digging through the encoder settings, I clicked on the radio button for VBR and noticed the command line it was using changed accordingly; so I merely modified this to suit my needs. (apparently, -V 0 --vbr-new isn't a valid encoder - who knew? MC modifies the 'custom command line' to lame.exe and then whatever other parameters come after this, so I modified it to lame.exe -V 0 --vbr-new and all is well again)

My 2nd bug to report is that for some reason, there are around 45 or so files (out of 3111!) that MC just doesn't seem to like. For some reason, whenever I try and do a sync, these same 45 files are always coming back up as "Delete on sync" and then being re-uploaded to my device. There doesn't seem to be any sort of consistent pattern, either - some files have special symbols (characters from other languages, like a's with two dots above it), some don't; some are mpc, others are mp3. There doesn't seem to be any sort of pattern.
---> Discovered something interesting about this, too - all the files that are MPC and need conversion have track numbers > 9 (ie - 10, 11, 12, etc). Still, a lot of other albums that were MPC have more than 9 tracks, but they converted fine.

Actually, found another bug(?) - using Library Tools - Convert tracks with the settings I listed in bug report #1, after every track finishes converting it shows the time it took to convert in milliseconds in a modal popup box (which is, I assume, the return value of the lame encoder). Conversion ceases until you hit the OK button on this dialog - rather annoying when you're trying to convert 20+ files at a time.
Check out my JRiver remote application eos, available for Android and BlackBerry 10!
Android: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89392.0
BB10: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79677.0

JONCAT

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2006, 12:01:54 pm »

If this ain't a bug I'm all ears:

View schemes not displayed through Library Server.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32009.0

Dr. C

LonWar

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2006, 01:34:16 pm »

I'm using CBR at 128 and seeing similar odd numbers. These appear at the end of each track converted not at the end of the ten files I tried to convert from WAV.

John.

I see this, and when trying to convert tracks from ape to mp3 it is mighty annoying!
-
Pages: [1]   Go Up