INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11.exe (mjextman) suggestion  (Read 601 times)

slipknot

• Galactic Citizen
MC11.exe (mjextman) suggestion
« on: February 17, 2006, 01:32:07 pm »

I have a home automation system that can start up MC on my PC and then press PLAY for me.  I want the PLAY to start ASAP, but since I can't control how long MC takes to start up (based on computer load) I have to program in a delay between the program start command and the play command for the worst case situation.

I tried setting MC to always start the current playlist when started up and it works great if MC is not running, but sending that command if MC is already running does not start playing.

Sending multiple PLAY commands is not good either since PLAY commands while playing results in the track starting over.

SUGGESTION:  it would be really great if there were an MC11.exe (mjextman) command that would start the playlist playing if it's stopped or paused, BUT HAVE NO EFFECT if MC is already playing.  That way I can send many of these MC11.exe commands to get the music playing ASAP after a startup, and once playing any remaining commands would be ignored since MC is already playing.

WORKAROUND:  I guess I could send an MC11.exe command to shutdown MC and then restart MC with the options to start playing the current playlist on startup.  Obviously if MC is not running the shutdown command goes to the bit bucket.  This will work, but causes unnecessary delays if MC was already running, but it will guarantee playback.

This is really the same issue in trying to control a device without discrete on/off commands.  How can I write a macro to turn on my TV if the only command I have toggles on/off when I don't know it's current state?

I'd sure appreciate consideration for this new MC11.exe command in a future release, or any ideas or suggestions from anyone that has another idea I have not thought of.
Pages: [1]   Go Up