INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turn off Video out  (Read 1783 times)

david_in_portland

Turn off Video out
« on: February 20, 2006, 12:15:24 pm »

When trying to view some DVD movies, they lock up, and an error box appears.  It says that the material is protected and I must turn off the Video out.
I have Media Center 10 installed, but do not have a tv card installed(Windows XP).
I didn't have this occasional problem until I opened the TV feature in Media Player.
Any idea's how to turn off the Video out?
Thanks,
David

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Turn off Video out
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 08:14:10 am »

Sorry, but I do not understand what you try to ask.

If you do not have a TV card installed, why would you open the TV feature? By "Media Player" do you mean Media Center 10, or some other player?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

david_in_portland

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 10:09:56 am »

I opened the TV feature in Media Center 10 to see what the tuner looked like and what tools were available with this product [Media Center 10].

After doing this, some DVD's will not play on the computer.  I get a message stating that the "DVD is copy protected and will not play with the video out turned on.

I haven't found any control in the operating system [XP] or in Media Center 10, that turns off the video out.

The only thing I haven't tried is uninstalling Media Center 10.
Was wondering if there might be something else to try before I uninstall Media Center 10?

David

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 10:41:50 am »

Thanks for clarifying it.

I can not think of an answer for you at this time. Is this repeatable? I mean, you are sure there is a correlation between trying TV and having DVD trouble?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

david_in_portland

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 12:44:41 pm »

Think the only way I could make that determination would be to uninstall the program--maybe, reload the OS & check for the problem.  If there were no problem then, install Media Center 10 and open the TV tuner & then, recheck the DVD playback.
Was looking for a simpler fix if possible.
Thanks for your time.
David
Pages: [1]   Go Up