INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What the heck happend to my cover art?!?  (Read 1454 times)

ronshock

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
What the heck happend to my cover art?!?
« on: February 21, 2006, 11:49:01 pm »

Alright, I just upgraded to MC version 11.1.121 when I got the upgrade/update auto message after firing up MC a couple of days ago.

But now tonight after trying out the new views (don't know if like not having the old-style Library Browser in favor of the new in-pane style - maybe it'll grow on me), I find out that about 25% of my album cover art is now missing.  Out of the 1700 CD's I've ripped and found cover art for so far, THAT'S A LOT to re-do!  What gives?  Why did the new build lose them?

BTW, I discovered that right-clicking and using the Image>Quick Find In File/Cover Art Directory option will bring a lot of them back.  But even then there are MANY that still are missing.

Can somebody please tell me what happened and if I can get these back without having to re-search for them and do hundreds of cut & pastes all over again??  ?

Thanx.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: What the heck happend to my cover art?!?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 09:23:56 am »

Keep in mind that you'll need a one-time rebuild of thumbnails.  They'll be much faster than MC 11.0 afterwards.

You can see what MC is pointing to for an image file by showing the "Image File" column in a view.  It's possible it's pointing to a path that's no longer valid.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 07:45:11 pm »

Any files that you've renamed or retagged (adding/removing "the", changing artist or album artist name etc.), wouldnt have been auto-found in your cover art folder. Also "auto find in cover art folder" isnt very good at finding images for artists with punctuation in their names. However, all of those images are still there. You'll just need to click on each album and then "image/add from file" and browse to your cover art folder to find it again.

I'm hoping they'll introduce a "loose" "quick find in.." option someday. Often it is only one character that stops MC from being able to find the correct image.

JONCAT

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 09:52:07 pm »

There is a much faster way to rebuild using King Sparta's tools to copy the tagged image to file as folder.jpg

Then remove all your art from the tags and quick find in folder.

Search the forum I think we discussed this. I freaked to and just let Sparta's handiwork do all the elbow grease. Thanks King.

Dr. C

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 05:27:56 am »

No Problem  ;D
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

ronshock

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 08:15:37 am »

Thanks a lot for the tips.

Yeah it seems like most all of them were solo artists that I changed to go by last name, first name.

It's a drag to have to fix them, but I will give you developers kudos for making the "Internet Search" for cover art better.  It seems to find a correct cover more often now.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2006, 10:55:52 am »

last name, first name

That Tends To Be a problem because when you rename something MC does not rename the cover art file, and if it renamed the cover art file, it would also need to find out if there is any other media files linked to the same file and change them also. And Then At The Same Time MC should Then (Maybe) Change The Artist Name And Or Album Name Of All The Other Media Files That Are Attached To That Cover Art File.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up